AVIC411.com

Avic D3 & iPhone 3GS charging not supported?

It's my understanding that the technological differences stem from Apple switching from the firewire/usb charging standard to strictly USB affecting many older 3rd party charging systems utilizing only firewire. I imagine this is the case for the D3 and it using the firewire charging standard. I've also read elsewhere, perhaps on this forum that some folks were able to alter their iPod cable's pinout wiring to divert power from the firewire pinouts to the USB pinouts to correct.

I'm curious whether anyone attempted this endeavor with a D3?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I came across this link:

http://tzywen.com/modules.php?name=News ... le&sid=645

Which provides evidence that someone has figured out how to work around the new hardware setup of the 3G and newer iPhones. To me it would seem pretty simply to fashion a connector/splitter that will accept BOTH the current ipod connector attached to the D3 AND an additional reference voltage over pins 2 & 3 which is what is causing the new hardware to block charging.

Has this been explored at all?

Forget about buying those obnoxious adapters everyone posted about, although the posts were made with good intentions...

The real way to charge your newer iPhone and iTouch models, is to purchase the updated cable made specifically for this problem..

except for the part where that cable is not made specifically for that problem, that cable is made to convert the P-bus into an aux input, you will lose all control from the touch screen, and you can not use this to watch any videos, so you actually take two huge steps back for one tiny step forward

DELETED. <<< blah blah blah i think stealing is cool blah blah blah

hell why dont you just hold a liquor store up at gun point, that way you still have some money left over after you buy the cable to go score a rock, or just car jack somebody that has a much newer and nicer nav system that charges and controls everything from the screen, then your all set playa!

better advise would have been

If you can't afford to spend this cash...

maybe you should get a better/second job (or in some peoples cases, just get a job to begin with)so that you can afford to buy the things you need

if you cant afford a forty dollar cable, how the hell did you buy a nav system in the first place? nvr mind you probably just took that too. way to condone thievery jack hole.