AVIC411.com

Avic N1 acting strange

Hello all,

New to the forum, but i've been an Avic owner since the N1 was released. I'm having a very strange problem with my N1. Wondering if any of you have since or heard of this, and what the resolution is. This happened about a year ago also, but eventually "fixed itself" after about 2-3 weeks.

Currently I have an xm tuner, tv tuner, ipod connector, 10" powered bazooka tube

I was driving the other day and noticed that the bass didn't seem like it was on, so I checked the audio set up and it shows the sub as "on". I checked the sub itself and no power light was on though. I decided to switch from the traditional radio to the xm radio, and it does not even recognize that xm is connected (button is "grey'd out"). Same thing for the TV tuner. Nav and normal radio works fine (other than sub not working). I decided to pull the head-unit out to inspect connections but all are ok. Under the driver's seat is where the "nav, xm tuner, tv tuner and ipod brains" are all at. It doesn't appear that any wires are loose. I'm so confused on this issue. Everything was working solid about 3 weeks ago. Any help would be great. Thanks. Clint.

• 3 months later...

My AVIC-N1 is still acting odd!!!! ARGH!! Was hoping someone has seen this. Additional question...

If the head-unit does not recognize the Subwoofer, does this illuminate a problem with the head-unit or the brain of the system?

XM/IPOD/TV Tuner are all connected to the brain, so they don't really tell me if the head-unit is the problem. I thought I remember that the Sub was connected to the head-unit directly. Just want this thing to act right. Thx.

Wow...

It took me 4 months to figure it out, but a simple little fuse was causing me all the pain. Once the power was restored to all of my A/V equipment, everything began working like a champ. BTW, I also did the reset (Avic-N2 software back to Avic-N1 software) that I found on this site. Worked like a champ!! Now I just need to find out if I can buy some updated map discs that will not upgrade my Avic system. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.