AVIC411.com

Start from last used posision

Hi.

I have managed to figure out the Testmode, Speed cam and nav mute butten, after some testing and failing with formating the SD card.

Anyhow: Is there a way to make the F900BT start from the last used device (radio, cd....).

When I use my radio, turn off the car and then start it up again, the radio starts but my Usb stick takes over when the system is finished starting up.

I have a 32GB usb stick full of mp3s and when the system start up this stick is the last device detected.... and then it start playing mp3s.

Is there a way to turn off this function? In windows you can hold down Shift while putting in a CD and this will disable the auto detection/run function and you can also deactivate the auto run function.

Does it happen if you remove the USB stick from the equation? I have FM/AM/CD or DVD/Sirius....and an IPOD.

I'm also running with the ezrider and IDT mods (and a few minors of my own), but when I restart the car it has never changed positions. In fact, its one of the things I like about the unit.

Maybe the USB stick itself is a problem point - I've never really played with one of those as i just use my Ipod instead. If you remove that, do the others function as expected? Turn off car with radio on...get radio on boot. Turn off car with CD on....get CD on boot, etc. Then maybe add the USB to your test matrix, confirm how the results change. And if you have a friend with an IPOD you can borrow....might be worth adding it to the mix as well.

Maybe the USBStick is seen as a sort of "drive mount" device or something that take priority over anything else.

Let us know how the testing goes.

I checked without usb in, unfortunately it's not working without the usb. Moreover, it's working with the original ezrider (but then you are not able to use mods or newer maps).

I've already checked 3-4 different ezriders from forum and with all of them the same issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping this thread late (I haven't been on in awhile). I'll add another data point:

With my stock F90BT at 2.x, leaving a USB drive plugged in, the unit would always come up in the last-used source. I typically leave mine in XM. After the (official, paid for) 3.0 update, the unit started exhibiting the described behavior: if the exact same USB drive was plugged in at boot, the unit would switch source to the USB drive (which is a pain in the ass, because like the OP's, it's a large USB drive and takes awhile to index).

Other than the initial hardware bypass at installation, I've made *no* modifications to my unit, so this appears to be a 3.0-related "feature". I've also found that since 3.0, on occassion when I start the car, the display gets into a weird state where the XM detail screen only partially comes up, and the Menu button sporadically works. The display also seems to go through a different sequence when this failure occurs, so I suspect the something in the OS failed to start, and a watch-dog timer kicked it off again.

On other occasions, rather than coming up in the XM screen where it was left, it comes up in the AV Source select screen, although the XM radio is still playing.

In most respects, the 3.0 upgrade seems to be a net loss in my case.

• 4 weeks later...