AVIC411.com

How To: Complete TA 2009.6 Map Upgrade Guide - Please Sticky

Is there any other sources for the updated maps? I downloaded all 16 files and got a CRC error message. After double checking the password I figure I must have a corrupted file. I am not waiting 45 seconds and typing a code for each downloaded file again. Comcast also has no news server, so I can't use the nzb file. (edit -- I did try downloading the part 1 file again (and from another source), but get the same error, so either the password is wrong or maybe a corrupt file has replicated through the file sharing sites??)

This forum is great and I really appreciate the effort put forth by those who contribute (thanks LTDan), but these download sites are retarded. I don't do that kind of stuff often enough to justify a membership, and since one such site I signed up for years ago kept charging my credit card for over a year with me calling them month after month to cancel, I just don't bother with them anymore.

Enough whinning, though, is there another source of the maps, or perhaps a torrent?

Alternatively, can I buy upgraded maps from IGO8 or Pioneer? I saw that Pioneer has updates, but since I did the 3.0 upgrade on my F900BT, would I have to order the maps for an X910BT?

Thanks

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any other sources for the updated maps? I downloaded all 16 files and got a CRC error

Enough whinning, though, is there another source of the maps, or perhaps a torrent?

Alternatively, can I buy upgraded maps from IGO8 or Pioneer? I saw that Pioneer has updates, but since I did the 3.0 upgrade on my F900BT, would I have to order the maps for an X910BT?

Thanks

Dude i think this is the only way, I did see another post about navteq maps but i think you lose the highway signs functionality. Did you make sure the password was CAPS?

Dude i think this is the only way, I did see another post about navteq maps but i think you lose the highway signs functionality. Did you make sure the password was CAPS?

You are a hero; it was the caps issue; it seemed like a password thing, can't believe I missed the "in all caps."

Thanks

Hi, i have the X910bt, i have made a backup of my maps and am ready to copy the new ones. Do the names of the files have to be the same? Because the ones that are on the x910bt right now are called, for example: USA_Indiana.fbl and the ones from the download are called, for example: USA_Indiana83TA_2009.06_090710.fbl

I just dont want to mess anything up

Oh yeah, before i forget, does anyone have the modified samantha tts files that dont make samantha sound so robotic?

Thanks,

Zach

Hi, i have the X910bt, i have made a backup of my maps and am ready to copy the new ones. Do the names of the files have to be the same? Because the ones that are on the x910bt right now are called, for example: USA_Indiana.fbl and the ones from the download are called, for example: USA_Indiana83TA_2009.06_090710.fbl

I just dont want to mess anything up

Oh yeah, before i forget, does anyone have the modified samantha tts files that dont make samantha sound so robotic?

Thanks,

Zach

^^^ what he said

FYI for those who haven't done this yet. Apparently the rapidshare.de site is going to close it's server on the 1st of March.

To the OP, I see more than 16 rar files, some seem to have the same names. I hopeI'm downloading the correct ones.

Bummer.. the link to download the newez4avic.zip file no longer works. Anyone know of a different source for this file? (Edit).. The link is back up.. hooray!!

Although that link is up.. it looks like the password for unzipping the .rar files is hit and miss. I tried to unzip the "83_Cont_USA_2009.06_TA.part01.rar" file and it errors out half way through the uznip. The password is initially accepted (and yes.. I typed it in all caps), and the date uncompresses but after about 10 seconds when the unzip is almost done I get an error that says.

"CRC field in encrypted file '83_Cont_USA_2009.6_TA\content\dem\NorthAmerica_low_2008_03_25.dem'. Wrong password.

Same problem with the prt02.rar...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Dude i think this is the only way, I did see another post about navteq maps but i think you lose the highway signs functionality.

Hmmmm... I live in Canada, and the Navtea maps does provide highway signs, but the TA map doesn't.

Are you from the States?