AVIC411.com

How To: Complete TA 2009.6 Map Upgrade Guide - Please Sticky

Can anyone provide insight on the details of the TeleAtlas maps and Navteq maps?

I just want to keep one set of maps on my AVIC, but the trouble is, here in Canada with the TeleAtlas maps provided by Pioneer, I don't have any highway signs, while the Navteq does. But the TeleAtlas maps seems to be more detailed (bigger) for both Canada and the USA.

Does both maps provided highway signs in the USA?

Anyone has something to share regarding their experience with navigation in Canada?

Thanks.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I installed this and a couple of other mods, compass delete route, mute button and disable navi warnings.

For some reason when i go into system information to view the map version it shows a bunch of diagnostic options including the option to launch windows explorer? Any advice appreciated?

I installed this and a couple of other mods, compass delete route, mute button and disable navi warnings.

For some reason when i go into system information to view the map version it shows a bunch of diagnostic options including the option to launch windows explorer? Any advice appreciated?

The bunch of options are from the Nav Nag Message Remover that you have installed in the APL folder :D .

My base map says it is from 2007. Is there a newer one, does it change anything?

Unless there are some new countries appearing, or continents suddenly rearranging themselves, 2007 basemap is perfectly fine.

Ok, am I the only one who cannot get the link to the cracked EZ-rider file to download? I think the rapidshare link is dead. Can someone contact me or get me a link where I can download it please. Thanks in advance!

Search my friend, search and search again, this is how you find info. Most info are available in different places in this forum. For the file that you are looking for, one of the versions is here: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=27989

• 3 weeks later...
My F500BT is stuck on splash screen after the upgrade. I think I lost a original licence file during upgrades and don't have a original back up(I'm stupid :evil: ) Can someone post a original licence file for me to download? Thanks in advance for your help.

Search for license file in this forum. There are many and some are generic, so you can use them.