AVIC411.com

Speed Sensor not working properly.

I have an avic-n5 and the speed sensor is not working properly. I had it installed for a couple of months and has been working fine. Recently though i got a new engine put into the car and don't know if this could have affected it at all. Here is what i am experiencing:

When i am under the connection status screen, there will be numbers coming from the speed pulse even when i am not moving. Also, when looking at the speed gauge feature, the needle would drop to 0 and then back up to my normal speed and one time is said feature not available at this time. I also got an excessive vibration when i haven't even moved or touched the hideaway unit.

The nav also shows me going sideways sometimes and places where i am not.

Anyone have any idea? ... What i find weird the most is that there is a pulse coming from the speed sensor even when i am not moving.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Just FYI, your system is fine. There is a defect in Pioneer software in these units D3, N4, N5, Z series. I talked to my friend who is an installer and now owns his own shop and said that these were common software problems. He won't carry Pioneer because it works great and then is goes wierd. Mine does the same thing that you are having on the D3. I am going to get an N4 because I have a lot invested--cd changer, dvd changer, usb, xm, sirius, deq-p8000, BT, and MD instead of getting the newer Pioneer. I can't sell because I will lose out---I wanted the DNX9140.