AVIC411.com

MSN Direct - after updating to 3.0

I could have sworn that I saw the icon of MSN Direct on my F700 shortly after I upgraded to 3.0, but can't find it anymore...

After searching, I've read I can't access MSN Direct on my F700 - is this true? Did I see a ghost? If not, how do I access MSN Direct. I could have sworn it was on the bottom of some screen, just can't remember where.

I have searched for this here, but can't find out *how* to access MSN Direct.

Cheers!

I could have sworn that I saw the icon of MSN Direct on my F700 shortly after I upgraded to 3.0, but can't find it anymore...

After searching, I've read I can't access MSN Direct on my F700 - is this true? Did I see a ghost? If not, how do I access MSN Direct. I could have sworn it was on the bottom of some screen, just can't remember where.

Cheers!

What you might have seen is a temporary glitch in the vBeta variable in iGo. During the boot up process, the Navi reads what board it is based off some resistor values on the board, if that value gets mis-read it might accidentally set itself to the value used by the F90/F900BT. If that happens and vBeta gets set wrong, the menu with the MSN button on it might get selected for display (the menus for all models are inside the data.zip, it just depends on a variable to select which one to show).

Technically, the F700BT should not have the MSN Tuner chip or the chip that holds the MSN firmware installed on its Navi board for cost savings, but you never know...

i had the strangest of incidents..... I purchased a second F500BT.... i wrote down the free activation product code for the MSN direct.... but when i plugged the new unit to my OLD harness the product key changed to display the same number as the old unit (free period ended).....wtf.... both F500 showed the same product key. I called MSN and they said the MSN chip (or whatever) is actually in the cradle or harness.... they did give me my free activation for the second unit..... but the account is within the cradle/harness. as it works no matter which F500 unit i connect to it and neither works on the new cradle...

strange......

Cheers!

What you might have seen is a temporary glitch in the vBeta variable in iGo. During the boot up process, the Navi reads what board it is based off some resistor values on the board, if that value gets mis-read it might accidentally set itself to the value used by the F90/F900BT. If that happens and vBeta gets set wrong, the menu with the MSN button on it might get selected for display (the menus for all models are inside the data.zip, it just depends on a variable to select which one to show).

Technically, the F700BT should not have the MSN Tuner chip or the chip that holds the MSN firmware installed on its Navi board for cost savings, but you never know...