AVIC411.com

Z1 touch screen not responding

Hey guys,

I have an Avic-Z1 and the touch screen won't work! I can see the map underneath the caution screen, but I can't press OK. I can put cds in and play them, but I can't change the track because only the volume and eject buttons work!

I tried doing the update off of the pioneer website, but it was a no go, I also went into the diagnostics and did a touch screen test, and when I touch the screen during that process, it works

so i don't know what to do now, any suggestions??

I had the same problem and after trying updates, hard drive upgrades and etc, I ended up still frustrated. I sent it back to Pioneer and it should be here on Tuesday. I called Pioneer to see what repair was done and they said they had to replace the "sensor housing". I'm not sure exactly what that means but I assume it's tied to the navigation system freezing up the entire operating system on the unit. I'll let you know how things work out when I get the unit back. I think you may have the same problem because my unit exibited the exact same symptoms. Nothing would work except for the volume. It stayed stuck on the navigation warning screen. You can play a cd, but you can not change the tracks or anything. Just the hard volume buttons at the bottom of the unit. See, the freezing firmware fix only fixes the freezing at startup...not freezing during operation like what we both suffer from. I think yours is hardware related. Just my two cents.

Kleenkut13

Thanks for the quick and informative reply man!

Let me know how it goes, i'd really like to know what they fixed, maybe it's something thats do-it-yourself

how much did pioneer charge you? if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks again, it's just really weird considering when I go into the diagnostics the touch screen works perfectly

Just installed it last night and put in my 60 gig hard drive upgrade and it seems to be working well so far. They charged me $200 and the repair ticket says they replaced the navi sensor housing. I believe it was the internal gps sensor that was the culprit here. They did nothing to my firmware. It was still vers 1.0 when I gotand went to the service screen. I would recommend over nighting it to them so you get your unit back the fastest. Mine took about two weeks but the problem appears fixed. I'll update you after my first week with it.

• 5 months later...

i know this is old but what was the outcome of this, it seems mine has shit the bed stuck at OK screen only plays cds or radio station, cant change tracks or anything on XM nothing on the hard buttons work either.

POS cant even last a few yrs for what I paid for it