AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.

I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following people:

Keeper, Stanislavovich, N-S-E-W, andr2000, and BorisM.

This zip contains DIAFTIA's Hybrid mods all in one:

• 1. My mods run on Stanislavovich�s/andr2000 mods.
    2. This new release features the Stanislavovich tripcomp and Tripdial, the speedometer by Keeper, Diaftia derived from the Gurjon skin, the ported Multiroute from Diaftia, menu from keeper, tripdial from Gurjon, onscreen trip computer by IDT, and a bunch of other things.
    3. Updated default schemes to support multiroute functionality rendering in different color on the map.
    4. Software bypass for those of you who haven't done a complete hardwire bypass. This also includes a fix for those of you that have the parking brake wire connected still.
    5. Branding.zip file updated by flyboyindy. This will give you icons on the map if you enable them that are the actual brands rather. For example you will get a Chevron logo at a Chevron station rather than a gas pump icon for a gas station. If you don�t want them don�t copy the file. This includes VBLUE24�s red diamond icon fix in the main config.
    6. Left/Right destination announce, speedcams, and all the other goodies are in this.

Initial 2.0 release:

• New menu system including adding a route section and new poi search icons and back button.
    Brought back the cool speedometer screen and added icon. If you want this on the map just instead of on a background just comment out the background in the navigatemap800 file.
    Toggle for illustrated text (freeway and exit signs can have logos). On some 700 units the text appears colored in. Turn this off and they will go back to normal.
    Toggle for solid or opaque backgrounds when navigating.
    Fix for when going 2d up not staying centered when signpost appears.
    New custom search button that goes directly to a search box and does a large radius search in all categories. From what I can tell it will go out at least 450 miles.
    Fixed the searching bug from the old version.
    Added Screen off with clock
    Added onscreen trip computer (touch the clock to display it)
    Current street can now be toggled on, off or only when navigating.
    Settings menu's completely redone so they are easier to navigate. With all the customizations the screens were getting very long.

Change Log:

12/7/09 (2.01)

• Added bluetooth icon to the top bar that dials the number in the home info screen. Set it to home it calls home, set it to voicemail it calls voicemail, etc.
    Changed the illustrated text to off by default and added a warning message when enabling
    Added the date to the off screen and for msn subscribers it now includes current weather info.
    Fix for Non-MSN version where an error would come up in the menu.

12/17/09 (V2.1)

• Signposts disappear when not following on map (this helps map scroll performance)
    Removed the animated cursor (this helps map scroll performance)
    Green recalc arrow removed (this helps load time and hopefully some of the memory errors people received when recalculating a route with illustrated text on)
    Searching when in route now goes to planmode screen so a via or a new route can be added/created. When not in route the same buttons will automatically start a new route as before.
    Enabled calling POI from call icon. Icon is enabled when BT phone is connected and POI has number associated.
    Added an add via link from a POI search when in route.
    Added a saved search icon to the quick menu.
    New menu button. It looks small but has a larger, invisible footprint for larger fingers.
    Width fixed on road text along the header so there is no overlap
    Removed title from cruise dials screen and added next turn to make it more useful.
    Fixed overview mode when in 2D mode so it says zoomed out
    Fixed 2DN cursor position when in overview mode
    Fixed problem where "Keep position on road" option was turning back on when going into route
    Changed speedometer and cruise dials background
    Changed camera icon since the old icon was making speedcams appear off a couple hundred feet
    Fixed issue where header icons were not showing up in full screen cockpit mode.
    Fixed issue where exit number in center of a roundabout was off.
    Made it so that the warning script variable that determines if the illustrated text warning has been given gets renabled when you enter the display settings.
    Cleaned up the regional settings so its clearer not to use testmode. Also removed a voice button that did nothing since the voice type is change elsewhere.
    Trip Computer now has quick links to some of the custom screens. The first 4 boxes are custom screen links, the 5th one is to reset the tripcomp and the last one closes it.
    Weather information on offscreen now has a solid font for easier reading.

1/07/10 (V2.2)

• New split screen navigation option. Accesible via the extras menu.
    New smaller lane info arrows when choosing them at the top. They also do not appear under the signposts but rather beneath them.
    Layering issue with current street in plan mode fixed.
    Fixed the blurry navigation images. The arrows were good but the checkerd flag, roundabout, and other images were blurry.
    Added bluetooth icon to alternate nav and speedo screens.
    Fixed bug where elevation was not showing in feet on speedo and cruisedial screens when using modded ezrider.exe
    Made "time to destination", "distance to destination" and "eta to destination" all larger font on both main screen and speedo.
    Added back to nav screen button and zoom in and out buttons to the plan mode screen.
    Removed trip computer button from cruise dials screen and added route progress meter.
    Made the time and date on the off screen pop a bit more so its easier to see while still trying to keep the screen dark.
    Keyboard fix (I hope) for polish keyboards.
    More minor perfectionst tweaks

1/14/10

• Speedcameras now display in smaller format when signpost is up so there is no overlapping on the freeway. clicking the signpost removes the signpost as usual and restores the speedcam to their original format.
    FINALLY fixed the problem where supressing a speedcam type would still have the distance to speedcam appear on the map.
    Added a quickmenu for some system and route settings. Activate on long press of quickmenu button.
    Changes, updates and bug fixes to the split screen.
    TMC button created for EU users (Merten3000 needs to update)
    Multipoi icon fix

Here are the steps to load it...

• Extract all of the folders/files from the zip file you downloaded, including the testmode folder, onto a freshly formatted SD card. You only need to deal with 4 different folders on your AVIC and they are labeled on the folders themselves that the files are in within the zip once extracted.
    Also make sure you have a full back up of your FLASHDISK. Really, you are going to edit a lot of files here and it will be nice to go back if you want/need to.

Once the SD card is inserted into your AVIC, power it on and boot into testmode:

1. Click Start - Programs, Explorer then click on SD Card
    2. Click on Start Again - Programs - Explorer then click on My FlashDisk - you should now have 2 Explorer folders open in the quick start menu at the bottom of your windows screen.
    3. Using the SD card window click on the folder called Copy and Paste to APl2-iGo.
    4. Scroll your pointer over the 5 files titled "bnt.ttf", "DATA.zip", �Branding.zip�, �Digital.ttf� and "sys.txt" to select them all. If you are running an F500, or are using a unit in the EU, then edit the semicolons at the top of the sys.txt file before copying them over to the AVIC.
    5. Go up to EDIT at the top window click COPY
    6. Go to the FLASHDISK explorer window at the bottom of the screen and open it
    7. Navigate to APL2-iGo
    8. Click EDIT at the top window and PASTE
    9. When the prompt comes up asking you if you want to change files click the option that says "YES ALL" wait for it to copy files (because you made that backup right?)
    10. Go back to your SD card explorer window hit the back button at top of the screen and then go to the folder titled "Copy and Paste in APL2-iGo-Content-Speedcam" and open it
    11. Scroll and Copy 3 files here Red_Light_Camera_us.txt, Speed_Trap.txt, and SpeedcamUpdates.spud
    12. Now switch back to your Flashdisk explorer window and now click on Content, Speedcams EDIT - PASTE - YES ALL (Really, you made that backup?)
    13. Go back to SD card window, hit the back button and go to the folder �Copy and Paste in APL2-iGo-Content-Voice� copy the file Voice_TTS-nua-eng-us-f1.zip
    14. Now go back to FLASH DISK window, hit back till you get back to APL2/iGo. Click on Content, Voice.
    15. Click EDIT PASTE YES ALL (do I really have to ask about that backup again?)
    16. Go back to your SD card explorer window hit the back button at top of the screen and then go to the folder titled "Copy and Paste in APL2-iGo-Content-SCHEME" and open it
    17. Highlight and Copy 4 files here Pioneer_red_day.zip, Pioneer_red_night.bmp, Pioneer_blue_day.zip and Pioneer_blue_night.zip.
    18. Now switch back to your Flashdisk explorer window and navigate to My FlashDisk/APL2/iGo/Content/SCHEME. Select EDIT - PASTE - YES ALL to copy the files to the MyFlashDisk/APL2/iGo/Content/SCHEME folder.
    19. You need to delete the save files so that your settings are built fresh with these new mods. They are in �My Flash DiskUserUserDataiGosave. Everything should be deleted except for a favorites.dat file if you have one.
    20. Power off your ignition to turn the AVIC off.
    21. Pop out your SD CARD and then power back on to restart AVIC. DO NOT REMOVE THE SD CARD WITHOUT TURNING OFF YOUR AVIC FIRST!!!

NOTE STEP 19: THIS IS A NEW SET OF MODS. You need to delete the save files so that your settings are built fresh with these new mods. They are in �My Flash DiskUserUserDataiGosave. Everything should be deleted except for a favorites.dat file if you have one.

• FAQ:

Q. If I am running your mods and you release an update what do I need to copy over?
    A. Just the data.zip. That is usually all the changes unless specifically stated. All new users need to copy over everything in the APL2 folder.

Q. How come I have no current street on the screen?
    A. Delete save files from the flash disk per the instructions.

Q. My unit is rebooting or getting memory errors. How do I fix this?
    A. Turn off illustrated text in the map settings.

Q. The signs in the street text are colored out solid. Is there a fix?
    A. Turn off illustrated street text. Some Nav units have a hard time with it.

Q. How do I get left and right destination announce?
    A. Use the enclosed voice file.

Q. Will this mod work with 2.0?
    A. No. Only 3.x.

Q. How do I show more sky in 3D?
    A. You can do 1 of 2 things. Either go into the smart zoom settings and adjust the tilt parameters to the far right, or turn off smart zoom. If you turn off smartzoom you then need to touch the screen to bring up the 3d controls. Tilt the setting to where you like it. With smartzoom off it will save it where you leave it. I personally like smartzoom so I would just adjust the sliders to the far right.

Q. How do I add a saved POI?
    A. Settings, manage. Remember you are saving the category search here not the specific location. This allows you to pull up all coffee shops, or even all starbucks in whatever location you are.

Q. I dont like the opaque backgrounds when navigating. How can I fix this?
    A. Turn off opaque backgrounds in the map display settings.

Q. How do I make it so that there is no background at all when navigating?
    A. Turn off full screen cockpit mode. The opaque background option will still work for the top and bottom bars.

Q. How do I get the navigation to repeat the last direction?
    A. Touch the yellow text at the top which will announce the last guidance message.

Q. I am getting random beeps while driving. What are they for?
    A. Turn off lane guidance.

Q. My unit beeps all the time with all the cameras. Any way to make it quieter?
    A. Turn off the police hideout locations. This will leave you with just the actual speedcam locations. I tend to have them notify me on screen but turn off the alert. Works very well.

Q. I am not getting any TMC alerts. Why is this?
    A. Make sure you set the device setting in sys.txt or use the EU version.

Q. I want the cruise dials screen over the map without the background. How do I change this?
    A. Edit the navigatemap_800_480.ui file and comment out the line with the background in the ui_destinationdial section.

Q. How do I edit the bmp's in this mod? They are not opening in image viewers or photoshop.
    A. You need to convert them to standard BMP's with the iPAQ image viewer before editing them.

<!-- m -->
http://www.rc-dev.com/i3t/<!-- m -->

Q. Can I remove all the signs from the screen?
A. Yes, these are all configurable in the map display settings. All elements can be removed (street numbers, current speed, elevation, posted speed, top bar with current street, etc.).

Q. Is there a quick reference guide on the features of the Hybrid mods?
A. <!-- m -->http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 45#p204880<!-- m -->

Downloads:

MSN Version:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nmyioylfzwz/Diaftia-HybridMods_V2.3_MSN_1-14-10.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/335556763/Diaftia-HybridMods_V2.3_MSN_1-14-10.rar

Non-MSN Version:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tiydmy5kzoz/Diaftia-HybridMods_V2.3_NoMSN_1-14-10.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/335559037/Diaftia-HybridMods_V2.3_NoMSN_1-14-10.rar

EU Version of V2.3 mods from 1/14/2010 (by Merten3000):

- KM instead of miles.

- Red european speedsign instead of US white one (with centered numbers).

- Blue signposts instead of green.

- european TMC signs instead of US ones.

- Removed US speedcams

(links updated 1/24/2010

http://rapidshare.com/files/340016896/DaftiaV2.3_EU_fixed.rar

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KCH4RG9P

If you often travel at a higher altitudes and would like to have the elevation in feet past 5280 feet (so it doesnt say 1.1mile) use this ezrider.exe (this also includes the traditional hack as well as license file for extra maps)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/j2fgwjm5tl0/ModdedEZRiderforElevation.zip

Donations:

There have been a few requests for a PayPal address for donations. Feel free to use ajgregory@me.com (thanks to all those that have offered and donated!) I wouldn't take it but my wife keeps asking me why I do all this for free and tells me that I should be spending time on things that earn cash. ;)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

I just went through Boris' post with andr2000 and Stanislavovich's comments. Here are all of the usage items relating to settings I could find. I have kept their respective quotes since it was all their provided information. I have made some changes since some of the original information did not apply due to the changes I have made:

Here's an official description of the mod:

- Cockpit design:

* Trip Computer output is not adjustable:

"destination ETA" or "current time" (if no route).

"distance to next via point" is toggle-able to time to next via point.

* Clicking Maneuver - choose/cancel detour with mute and delete route functions

* Clicking the Compass switches: "3D navigation with track up<->2D navigation with North up", 2D Standard

* Clicking the Plan Route button (via quick menu) switches to "Map" mode. Return to Cockpit mode is always possible with the "Map" hard button.

- In "Map" mode

* Button on the left displays 2D zoom presets. Save zoom adjustments with long click. Preset buttons disappear automatically after a few seconds.

* Button on the right (flags) shows/hides route planning buttons/

* Button below it displays vehicle type and route calculation method. Clicking displays method selection buttons. Those disappear automatically after a few seconds.

- In the Route menu

* Itinerary - Route description with via points -- how far and when you'll get there. From there you can visit via points on the map and select to avoid a street in a route.

* Multiplan -- only alternatives, preserving via points..

Settings features:

* "Next Info" in "Screen setting" - What to display in the upper line of the Cockpit -- next street or next via. !!! Via's NOT displayed in simulation!!!

* "Guidance superiority" in "Sound Setting" - force camera sounds off if it overlaps routing directions. There's a bug/feature in iGO 8: cameras turn route directions off, author chooses to sacrifice cameras instead.

- Camera settings:

Any camera type can be turned off separately (no yellow border). There will be neither visual nor sound warning when approaching a camera.

Custom Audio Warnings:

For every camera type you can select audio behaviour

* Off: No audio notice.

* Alarm: If not going faster than camera speed, there will be no audio alarm. If speed is within acceptable range: In 1000, 450 and 250 meters there will be one warning sound for attention. If going faster than limit + overspeed: In 1000 meters there will be a single alarm, then, starting with Alarm distance there will be constant alarm sound, increasing in frequency as you approach the camera. In 150 meters there will be last attempt to bring you to your senses. After that, warnings are useless anyway.

* Warning: If not going over camera speed: no sound. If speeding (no overspeed applied): From specified alarm distance until the camera there will be constant audio warning of the dangerous zone.

* Reminder: In 800 meters there will be a single reminder, independent of speed.

Usage samples: Alarm – Speed Camera, Warning – speed bump, Reminder – POI.

* Verification beep - Always do a single beep 150 meters before camera. Used for testing camera locations.

------

* Distance cameras (average speed?) not checked

* Diaftia added voice warnings.

Lane warning is a beep that plays when lane info changes on screen. Because lane info (stay in left two lanes etc.) does not usually prompt voice announcement but is something you want to know, this mod, and few others, add an option of having an audible warning when that information is updated. (this can make the unit beep constantly at times like when in cities)

Overview mode is the same, basically, as in factory skin -- when does the unit switch to large-scale 2D mode when there's a long distance to the next maneuver.

TMC button must be in the Destination screen. it is unhided if vBeta equal 1 or 2 (EW or AU), Please check that you do not switch on TestMode in the Regional Settings. it must be OFF.

To run any application you must copy it in any next folder

\Storage Card\Programs\

\Usb Disk\Programs\

\My Flash Disk\Programs\

and rename it into "application.exe"

it will run :-)

Re: Speedcam Warning settings:

"Full" and "On" are the standard behavior of iGo speedcam warning system. "On" warns only if you are overspeed, "Full" - forever. The way how to warn, sound etc are managed by exe and sys.txt.

"Custom" is fully mod-designed warning completely substituting standard one. In fact "custom" switch off standard speedcam warning and the mod produces own logic and mod-determined sounds.

post-26802-12872760558196_thumb.jpg

post-26802-12872760563228_thumb.jpg

post-26802-12872760568056_thumb.jpg

post-26802-12872760750617_thumb.jpg

post-26802-12872760755524_thumb.jpg

post-26802-12872760760143_thumb.jpg

post-26802-12872760764895_thumb.jpg

post-26802-12872760955747_thumb.jpg

Looks good. Hopefully all problems have been solved. Will try to get updated when I can. Been sick. :cry:

[attachment=0]IMG_0243.JPG[/attachment]

This is what I meant with the PM I sent ya. Is the compass supposed to be there, or is it supposed to be moved lower a bit to fit inside that black area?

Looks good. Hopefully all problems have been solved. Will try to get updated when I can. Been sick. :cry:

[attachment=0]IMG_0243.JPG[/attachment]

This is what I meant with the PM I sent ya. Is the compass supposed to be there, or is it supposed to be moved lower a bit to fit inside that black area?

Ah, I thought you meant left to right. I guess it could be moved down a tad. I will make a note of it.

Great Job!!!

WIll give it a go tomorrow...

I have a small request...

I'm european and I already figured out how to set miles to km in the sys.txt.

The only thing I would like (to learn) is how to change the green 'US' style road signs (for lane direction I mean) to the blue 'european' ones.

Can somebody tell me which files I have to transfer from original data.zip?

Thanx a million in advance (I think I speak for all peeps from the other side of the ocean as well :))

Greetz Merten

Great Job!!!

WIll give it a go tomorrow...

I have a small request...

I'm european and I already figured out how to set miles to km in the sys.txt.

The only thing I would like (to learn) is how to change the green 'US' style road signs (for lane direction I mean) to the blue 'european' ones.

Can somebody tell me which files I have to transfer from original data.zip?

Thanx a million in advance (I think I speak for all peeps from the other side of the ocean as well :))

Greetz Merten

Located in the common folder you need to modify the laneinfo_signpost.ini file. Towards the bottom of the file change the RGB color in this line signpost_background_color=RGB(0,163,245)

The 0,163,245 is a blue color that should be pretty close to your sign colors. You can check RGB colors at this site http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

Got a quick question. I noticed that all your screen shots are in 2D mode. Does this mod have a 3D mode view I'm sure it does and would like to see what it looks like. Also does your mod have the scheme files and building textures with it as well. I'm really digging the way it looks. Keep up the great work

I am still having memory problems with Diaftias latest mod, even at stock, but I will try this one and hopefully have better luck!

Did you ever free up space per my post in the other thread? I have had 3-4 people test with no problems. Also used the heck out of it myself tonight to do a bunch of multiroute stuff.

Got a quick question. I noticed that all your screen shots are in 2D mode. Does this mod have a 3D mode view I'm sure it does and would like to see what it looks like. Also does your mod have the scheme files and building textures with it as well. I'm really digging the way it looks. Keep up the great work

Yes, it supports 3D. Just touch the compass to switch it. I just tend to use 2D the most. Has all of the building and 3D stuff. Building textures are done in the scheme or building files as far as I know. So if you have them on your unit now they will still be there.

I am having a problem with the latest mods, the last update per se. I wonder if this is due to the hacked ez rider or some deeper issue.

* I cannot fade my speakers from front to back. The fronts are now always on. Anybody have a clue why this would happen and could a reset fix it? Thank you in advance.

I am having a problem with the latest mods, the last update per se. I wonder if this is due to the hacked ez rider or some deeper issue.

* I cannot fade my speakers from front to back. The fronts are now always on. Anybody have a clue why this would happen and could a reset fix it? Thank you in advance.

These mods are exclusive to the navigation and in no way touch the audio portion of the unit. Have you tried pushing the reset button for 5 seconds? I bet if you put different mods on the problem will still be there.

Troubleshoot it a bit and let me know if I can help.

Thank you. This is absolutely worth every second of time you devoted to this stunning piece of work. Installed today on my X910BT and it works beautifully... I mean it's really the only reason why I'm thrilled about my new navigation system. Thanks again and total props to you Diaftia... keep it up.