AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

the only thing that I can think of is that it is in the script of the extras button as it does not have a 'run' command. here is the script for the button, it is labled 'AJG_menu_6_0.bmp' because I had already used up 5_9

as you can see after the 'NEXTSTATE st_SplitScreenMap,', it should have a 'run' command and it does not. Could that be the problem?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

the only thing that I can think of is that it is in the script of the extras button as it does not have a 'run' command. here is the script for the button, it is labled 'AJG_menu_6_0.bmp' because I had already used up 5_9

as you can see after the 'NEXTSTATE st_SplitScreenMap,', it should have a 'run' command and it does not. Could that be the problem?

No because the command is NEXTSTATE. When you are calling a state you use nextstate and when you are calling a script you use the run command.

Are you sure the state script is in your navigatemap.ui file? It's not right that if it is, its not finding it.

I tried apting it to your 2.1 mod and I got this error message:

I dont know what I did wrong, the 2 new bmp's are added and the entire code is copied over properly

That script is in the navigatemap.ui file. Did you diff those files and see the difference between the new one and the old?

I copied your splitscreenmap script to the navigatemap.ui file, and then placed the icon in the extras linking it to the script, just like in your 'navigatemap_ui. The only problem is, is that when hitting the button, it cant find the script.

here is the code that I copied over right below the script for the Tripcomputer:

;Background

;Lane info 

;Follow button

;Street icons

;Distance to Manuver

;City info

;Separators

;Current Speed

;Shielded text in route

;Plain Text in Route

;Actual street plain text no route

;Actual street shielded text no route

;Dir icon

;Signpost for splitscreen

;Stop Playback

;Route Info

;Posted Speed Limit

;Compass

;Speedcam

Ah, this is in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file. This is just the graphic layer. The state script that defines what elements are going to be presented in the state are in the navigatemap.ui file in the common folder.

Hi Alex:

I love the split screen that you made on your latest mod.

I would like to put this on my modified data file (Andr2000/Stan 3.0). I copied over the codes from your mod to mine along with the bmps. I got an error message so then I copied over the scrips/states for the split screen from your common folder to mine and still have errors.

Question I have is:

Can you give us step by step how we can make the split screen to work in other mods? You are a a great mentor and I have learned plenty from you. I would like to send you hard earned cash for your work!@

Jimbo

This is a great mod. I've loved having this installed since I upgraded to 3.0.

If I could make one very small very insignificant suggestion... could you change the word Opaque as used for your navigation backgrounds to translucent? Right now there is a choice of Opaque and Solid backgrounds (behind the turn arrow etc) but Opaque means solid where translucent means some shines through. Like I said, not really any big deal but I think it would make it more obvious to a newcomer to your mods.

If I could make one very small very insignificant suggestion... could you change the word Opaque as used for your navigation backgrounds to translucent? Right now there is a choice of Opaque and Solid backgrounds (behind the turn arrow etc) but Opaque means solid where translucent means some shines through. Like I said, not really any big deal but I think it would make it more obvious to a newcomer to your mods.

That's what it was. I was wondering about that option. :)

Great updates to an already fantastik mod! Well done Alex! The only problem I have is getting all these new updates tweaked to work with my theme that I have installed. All worked out good though as you can see by the screenies, Thanks!

Hi Alex:

I love the split screen that you made on your latest mod.

I would like to put this on my modified data file (Andr2000/Stan 3.0). I copied over the codes from your mod to mine along with the bmps. I got an error message so then I copied over the scrips/states for the split screen from your common folder to mine and still have errors.

Question I have is:

Can you give us step by step how we can make the split screen to work in other mods? You are a a great mentor and I have learned plenty from you. I would like to send you hard earned cash for your work!@

Jimbo

OK give me some time to put this together though. :)

Ha! You are right! LOL! Man I would have bet money it meant to let light through when in fact it means to not let light through. I will change it. )

Diaftia, AWESOME job. This really makes using my Avic a Hell of alot better. To update to 1/7/10 al i need to change is data folder??

If you are currently running my mods all you need is the data.zip from the main zip file.

Question added to FAQ in first post. :)

Great updates to an already fantastik mod! Well done Alex! The only problem I have is getting all these new updates tweaked to work with my theme that I have installed. All worked out good though as you can see by the screenies, Thanks!

There was A LOT of time putting that distance meter together. Its still not perfect. I hope to have the additional kinks worked out in the next release. If you move anything or resize any of those images it will have to be reworked. Buckle down and get ready to put some time in. Just be thankful you are not creating it from scratch!