AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

Hi guys,

I need a favour: Can somebody who uses this mod AND has his VSS wire connected switch his GPS off (Navi settings/gps) and see what happens to the speed display on the map?

Mine stays at the speed I had just before switching the GPS off, but my dealer swears that he hooked the VSS up.

Strage thing is in Tunnels or underground car parks the speed seems to match reality.

Thanks

Jörg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

I have mine hooked up to the VSS. It too does not track speed with the GPS switched off.

Guess this is another non-working function of this POS.

Otherwise all else works fine.

AFAIK, VSS and gyro are mixed into GPS signal that goes to iGO, so if you switch GPS off, you aren't getting either. If you lose signal (i.e. in the tunnel), VSS and gyro should remain active though.

Thanks Guys, that's what I feared.

Was hoping my VSS was not hooked up and doing so would improve the performance of the Sattelite fix after reboot or the trip computer or...

This is a great mod, bur obviously it cannot compensate all bugs Pioneer managed to built into this System.

Jörg

When I installed the official Pioneer update it showed 3.0020 for my EU device, I'm now running the free update from the EU page which takes it to 3.00202.

I have never seen official versions below 3.002 here in Europe.

I think this might be one of the problems people are having with hacked updates: there are 3.001 and some people say they even have 3.003 which can definately not be a Pioneer update as it was around before the official one. In some "hacked" or "free" update packages people seem to mix pioneer data with CE updates which do not really belong to our devices, just becouse it has a higher release no. it must not be the right CE for us. That was for me the reason to buy the official update, I wanted to have a clean basis to restore if anything goes wrong.

Just my observations from reading a lot in this forum, I'm just a user, tell me if I'm wrong

Jörg

Here's an interesting find:

Can somebody else confirm this?

Thanx!

Bud

Bud,

can't say I can confirm, but did some interesting find myself: this morning, voice guidance was mute only (happens often when it was cold outside). The only solution to remedy this is to reboot. Unfortunately, rebooting means I have to turn the ignition off. But after I did this, the trip computer worked!

Now I was wondering: would it be possible to issue a soft-reset from within the application? Perhaps another shortcut on the menu, but I do not know which command to use to issue this reboot command.

In the Testmenu there is this reboot button, but that one calls Restart.exe in the testmode utils.

Anyone has a clue on how to add this to this mod?

Weo

Hi there!

First of all, thanks for putting together this great mod pack! I love almost everything in it!

The only thing I liked better from the original (european) avic were the sounds made when touching the screen. Could anyone tell me which files in Diaftia's mod pack should be replaced by the originals to get all the mods but keep the original touch screen sounds?

Regards,

Kees.

Here's an interesting find:

Can somebody else confirm this?

Thanx!

Bud

Bud,

can't say I can confirm, but did some interesting find myself: this morning, voice guidance was mute only (happens often when it was cold outside). The only solution to remedy this is to reboot. Unfortunately, rebooting means I have to turn the ignition off. But after I did this, the trip computer worked!

Now I was wondering: would it be possible to issue a soft-reset from within the application? Perhaps another shortcut on the menu, but I do not know which command to use to issue this reboot command.

In the Testmenu there is this reboot button, but that one calls Restart.exe in the testmode utils.

Anyone has a clue on how to add this to this mod?

Weo

Behind on my own thread but this is in the next version.

Is there a thread that talks about how to edit the locations of the speed cameras. There are several indicated in the gps that don't exist on the actual street. I tried the delete button but that does not seem to work.

Put the cursor on the map screen on the icon for the speedcam. Then go into the quick menu, then to route then to info. On that screen you will see edit cam. Select that and hit delete.