AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

This may be a stupid question, but is there a way to add an Audio Mute button the the nav screen? I know there is a button to mute the voice navigation but I think it would be nice to have an easy button that would much my iPod for example. Anyone know how to do this?

There is a way, long press your volume button.

Is there a way to make that an "On-Screen" button? I just tend to have hard times pushing that volume knob straight in...Other than that I think this mod is perfect. I have been using it for a long time and absolutely love it! Thanks Diaftia!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

This may be a stupid question, but is there a way to add an Audio Mute button the the nav screen? I know there is a button to mute the voice navigation but I think it would be nice to have an easy button that would much my iPod for example. Anyone know how to do this?

There is a way, long press your volume button.

Is there a way to make that an "On-Screen" button? I just tend to have hard times pushing that volume knob straight in...Other than that I think this mod is perfect. I have been using it for a long time and absolutely love it! Thanks Diaftia!

A big black knob would be perfect for you. Search in this forum for it.

Couple questions and I'm not sure its the mod or the maps?

When I put in a destination, it seems the map doesnt calculate the route based on "common sense" i've tried changing it from the quicket to shortest route but that doesnt seem to help. If I go a different way that I know is faster off of the route, it recommends me turning around and getting back on the route its suggest apposed to continuing down the route I'm going and re-mapping it. I've also tried the "detour" option where you press the box on the left with the next turn/mileage but that just seems to do more bad than good. .... does anyone else have this issue?

Common sense? In programming? There should be in this day and age. Here's one for you.

I am at point A and I want to go to point B (I really do know the route). I turn 'Tolls' ON and it gives me a 4 mile route. I turn the 'Tolls' OFF and, are you ready for this, it gives me a 973 mile route. The bridge toll over the river is $3.75. My vehicle costs $1.03 per mile to operate. That's a total of $7.87 with a toll. Without a toll, the cost is $1002.19 plus the extra time it would take to go that distance of 973 miles. Now that really is logical don't you think?

Footnote: My mom has an under $200 portable nav sys and it goes the 4 mile route in either case, tolls ON or tolls 'Avoid' on hers.

Common sense? In programming? There should be in this day and age. Here's one for you.

I am at point A and I want to go to point B (I really do know the route). I turn 'Tolls' ON and it gives me a 4 mile route. I turn the 'Tolls' OFF and, are you ready for this, it gives me a 973 mile route. The bridge toll over the river is $3.75. My vehicle costs $1.03 per mile to operate. That's a total of $7.87 with a toll. Without a toll, the cost is $1002.19 plus the extra time it would take to go that distance of 973 miles. Now that really is logical don't you think?

Footnote: My mom has an under $200 portable nav sys and it goes the 4 mile route in either case, tolls ON or tolls 'Avoid' on hers.

Chances are your mom's unit just does not know that it is a toll bridge, then... Since the behaviour is entirely logical. If you forbid the use of toll roads, it will route you around the bridge, and all other tolls, which quite likely would result in a longer route (much longer in your case). It is up to the user to apply _human_ common sense and decide whether avoiding tolls along the route is worth it.

I'm not talking about toll bridges, I'm talking about driving on the freeway, getting off the freeway and driving a mile or 2 using a backroad, and the AVIC keeps telling me to turn around and get back on the freeway.

If I get off the freeway I want my avic to be "smart enough" to re-route me based on the street/location that I'm on. My $100 Garmin did just that. Worked like a charn.

I'm not talking about toll bridges, I'm talking about driving on the freeway, getting off the freeway and driving a mile or 2 using a backroad, and the AVIC keeps telling me to turn around and get back on the freeway.

If I get off the freeway I want my avic to be "smart enough" to re-route me based on the street/location that I'm on. My $100 Garmin did just that. Worked like a charn.

my F700bt might be advanced, but if I ignore a route, it just finds a different way there...

Might have to listen to it tell me to turn right two or three times. Just be stubborn, it'll realize you aren't going that way...

As long as the unit thinks that going back to the original route (freeway) is faster/shorter/whatever than continuing on a backroad, it will try to route you back there. Once you deviate far enough that a new route is better, it will show you a different way. It can't really read your mind and realize that you do not want to take the freeway.

Garmin might have worked differently, because a) it quite possibly has better maps (if you are using stock maps on AVIC) and B) really, Garmin's routing algorithms are not as good as iGO's.

It also depends on the mapping software. Example, I travel 96 km to work. It is an easy way, 89 km on the freeway, and then 7 km down the main street to where I work. However, when I put the fastest or quickest route available, it takes to the cutoff before cutting through most of the town which is about 10 min longer due to all the traffic lights. Nothing I can adjust changes that. Now THIS is with TeleAtlas maps. When I switch to Navteq, it takes me the true fastest way that I always travel. So, two different mapping software, two different routes with Navteq being the better one---Always! That is one of the reasons that it is so beneficial to have a mapchanger with the mod. I will never be without it.

It also depends on the mapping software. Example, I travel 96 km to work. It is an easy way, 89 km on the freeway, and then 7 km down the main street to where I work. However, when I put the fastest or quickest route available, it takes to the cutoff before cutting through most of the town which is about 10 min longer due to all the traffic lights. Nothing I can adjust changes that. Now THIS is with TeleAtlas maps. When I switch to Navteq, it takes me the true fastest way that I always travel. So, two different mapping software, two different routes with Navteq being the better one---Always! That is one of the reasons that it is so beneficial to have a mapchanger with the mod. I will never be without it.

Software, really remains exactly the same, it's still the iGO routing engine. Only the mapping data changes, and if Navteq has better real speed data(as they often do in North America), it will provide better routing.

Of course we are lucky enough to have routing software that even lets you use different map sources. Most do not.

I installed this on my x910, very straightforward, and I like the nav layout. I have noticed that it does not seem to remember my MUTE selection for the nav voice. When I power off, it defaults to voice. The stock unit would remember this setting. Is this normal, or is there a setting I missed?

is this supposed to have 3d buildings? mine doesn't show. please correct me if i'm wrong. Also, how do you get the speedometer to show up. There is only a small box on the map that shows your speed. Does it just read what your actual speedometer is showing or is the speed of the car really accurate?