AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

I am still having memory problems with Diaftias latest mod, even at stock, but I will try this one and hopefully have better luck!

Did you ever free up space per my post in the other thread? I have had 3-4 people test with no problems. Also used the heck out of it myself tonight to do a bunch of multiroute stuff.

yes, I did free up more space a few days ago, it did not work. I wasnt the only one with memory problems. Please see your other thread as to why this is happening. I had an idea prior but thought that I would test all other probabilities out. Now that it has happened with someone else in a different part of the mod but also using an abundance of cache, I posted what I believe is happening.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

In step 4 of your instructions it says:

If you want to show sky in the 3D map mode then edit out the semicolons in the [map] section of the sys.txt file before copying over to the AVIC.

There are no lines in the map section os sys.txt that have semicolons in front of them. Which ones are you referring to? Here is the map section of your included sys.txt file.

[map]

2dheadup=1

zoomfactor=110

3d_tunnels=1

show_oneway=1

3d_roads=1

3d_max_tiltlevel=8800

3d_max_zoomlevel=1500

3dcarsizemin=2500

3dcarsizemax=5000

3dcarsizemul=15000

Have you tried using 3D mode without making that change? I havent loaded up this version of his mod but used past versions and the beta for this release and didnt have to edit anything to see the sky in 3D. 8)

I have not tried it but just wanted to make it clear so that all will know how to enable or disable it. From what I gathered from a search since this seems to be already enabled to disable it you would comment out the lines like this:

[map]

2dheadup=1

zoomfactor=110

3d_tunnels=1

show_oneway=1

3d_roads=1

;3d_max_tiltlevel=8800

;3d_max_zoomlevel=1500

;3dcarsizemin=2500

;3dcarsizemax=5000

;3dcarsizemul=15000

at least that is what I found in another thread.

For those who get incorrect destination left/right announce (that is now on by default in this mod). You can live with that, replace your TeleAtlas POI files with Navteq POI files and get much better dest. announce results but have fewer POIs (at least in my experience) or disable the left right dest. announce.

To disable (override the default value) edit your sys.txt file and add the below information:

[sound]

announce_viadest_side=0

Save the sys.txt file with this added info and use your modified one instead of the one diaftia included.

Diaftia,

This is a great mod from what limited testing I have done so far and what I see on my screen. I can hardly wait to use this a bit more and figure things out.

One question:

How did you put the time in the off screen? If possible I would like to mod that to have it display the time, day and date like in my attached picture where I modified your picture of the screen using MSPaint.

post-32782-12872760319879_thumb.jpg

Located in the common folder you need to modify the laneinfo_signpost.ini file. Towards the bottom of the file change the RGB color in this line signpost_background_color=RGB(0,163,245)

The 0,163,245 is a blue color that should be pretty close to your sign colors. You can check RGB colors at this site http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

Thanx but it did not do the job.

Maybe my english is not clear (I'm dutch...) so I'll add a picture to try and explain more precise what I mean:

The arrow with the single * points to a roadsign which had the european blue colors.

But after applying your method I still get green 'signposts'. See the arrow with two **. So maybe that's not called signposts but billboards or something...

Anyway I'm looking for a way to turn those 'billboards' to blue instead of green.

p.s. I used the picture from another mod because I did not find another one to make it clear...

Thanks in advance again!!

post-39461-12872760320883_thumb.jpg

Located in the common folder you need to modify the laneinfo_signpost.ini file. Towards the bottom of the file change the RGB color in this line signpost_background_color=RGB(0,163,245)

The 0,163,245 is a blue color that should be pretty close to your sign colors. You can check RGB colors at this site http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

Maybe my english is not clear (I'm dutch...) so I'll add a picture to try and explain more precise what I mean:

The arrow with the single * points to a roadsign which had the european blue colors.

But after applying your method I still get green 'signposts'. See the arrow with two **. So maybe that's not called signposts but billboards or something...

Anyway I'm looking for a way to turn those 'billboards' to blue instead of green.

p.s. I used the picture from another mod because I did not find another one to make it clear...

That should have done it. It does in mine. Did you find that actual file and put the change in? If so, check that file in the zip to see if zipped back up with the change in place.

You can try this if the other method did not work, remove the bmp in the attached zip and paste it in your common folder. If it stays green, that's an indicator that the RGB value in the laneinfo_signpost.ini file was not changed properly.

signpost template bmp.zip

Have you tried using 3D mode without making that change? I havent loaded up this version of his mod but used past versions and the beta for this release and didnt have to edit anything to see the sky in 3D. 8)

I have not tried it but just wanted to make it clear so that all will know how to enable or disable it. From what I gathered from a search since this seems to be already enabled to disable it you would comment out the lines like this:

[map]

2dheadup=1

zoomfactor=110

3d_tunnels=1

show_oneway=1

3d_roads=1

;3d_max_tiltlevel=8800

;3d_max_zoomlevel=1500

;3dcarsizemin=2500

;3dcarsizemax=5000

;3dcarsizemul=15000

at least that is what I found in another thread.

That is old I need to edit that I guess. Just turn off smartzoom or edit the smart zoom settings to be full max. That will show sky all the time.

How did you put the time in the off screen? If possible I would like to mod that to have it display the time, day and date like in my attached picture where I modified your picture of the screen using MSPaint.

Yeah I can do that. You want me to tell you how or just wait till I get to it? Its in the ui_blankscreen layer in the navigatemap_800 file.

Hi diaftia,

thanks for this amazing mod ! I have a question about the TTS voice, I am in France and so I use Voice_TTS-nua-fra-f1.zip. What have you modified in your TTS Voice, is it possible to do the same for french TTS voice ?

Thanks

Dts1

If you have installed the official update from Pioneer you may already have a compatible tts file that says the left/right announcements. Put a route in and see if you get the announcements.

Yeah I can do that. You want me to tell you how or just wait till I get to it? Its in the ui_blankscreen layer in the navigatemap_800 file.

I don't think there's a visiblemodel for day of week. The date should be no problem at all.

That should have done it. It does in mine. Did you find that actual file and put the change in? If so, check that file in the zip to see if zipped back up with the change in place.

You can try this if the other method did not work, remove the bmp in the attached zip and paste it in your common folder. If it stays green, that's an indicator that the RGB value in the laneinfo_signpost.ini file was not changed properly.

damn this is not working either. I double checked and the laneinfo_signpost.ini file is modified. I also replaced the attached bmb but no luck. I give up. I gues I have to learn to live with the green signposts :(

damn this is not working either. I double checked and the laneinfo_signpost.ini file is modified. I also replaced the attached bmb but no luck. I give up. I gues I have to learn to live with the green signposts :(

Don't give up so quickly. Let me research this a little. Give me a few days to load this zip and try it on mine and and make the changes stick. Don't want the European people to have the wrong color. :)

Diaftia - Is all the reduced roadsign stuff still from my zip? Did you change anything else regarding the road signs?

Don't give up so quickly. Let me research this a little. Give me a few days to load this zip and try it on mine and and make the changes stick. Don't want the European people to have the wrong color. :)

Diaftia - Is all the reduced roadsign stuff still from my zip? Did you change anything else regarding the road signs?

Okay, so I'm too impatient. Try this: remove the ui_pioneer folder from the zip and drop it in your apl2 folder (the same place as your zip),. Boot it up and see what happens. If this does not work I'll look at it this weekend.

EDIT ****File deleted. I had the wrong ini file in the zip. New one that WORKS is on page 4

Nope... its all still from you. All I did was tweak the position and zoom param.