AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

How did you put the time in the off screen? If possible I would like to mod that to have it display the time, day and date like in my attached picture where I modified your picture of the screen using MSPaint.

Yeah I can do that. You want me to tell you how or just wait till I get to it? Its in the ui_blankscreen layer in the navigatemap_800 file.

I don't think there's a visiblemodel for day of week. The date should be no problem at all.

Day of the week format is usually dddd. I know I saw a pic on the forum where someone had the time on the main nav screen with the day of the week directly below it but I don't remember where or I would post it.

I found this code in the data.zip ui_pioneer\800x480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui file but I don't know how to change it to get my desired results.

;Time on blank screen

I was expecting to find something in the usual day/date format of mm/dd/yyyy, which was not there. I don't know what to put with the formatmodel="local.short_timeformat" since I am new to all this.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Well, surprisingly, this mod is going good so far without memory errors like which aI had in your last mod. The onboard trip computer was a very nice touch, thanks! I will test it out some more tomorrow as I have about 200 km worth of driving to do, but so far it is looking good!

Day of the week format is usually dddd. I know I saw a pic on the forum where someone had the time on the main nav screen with the day of the week directly below it but I don't remember where or I would post it.

I found this code in the data.zip ui_pioneer\800x480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui file but I don't know how to change it to get my desired results.

;Time on blank screen

I was expecting to find something in the usual day/date format of mm/dd/yyyy, which was not there. I don't know what to put with the formatmodel="local.short_timeformat" since I am new to all this.

The date was my first mod back in November/December of last year. There's a thread here somewhere where BorisM helped find the right textmodel. At that time no one this f series forum was displaying the date.

That was a big step in getting me started in this. That dddd stuff means nothing as far as the textmodel is concerned. I've been here a long time and I don't remember ever seeing the day of week displayed through IGO.

For the date you can try to add this directly under the time script and before . Bear in mind that when adding things in a ui file if you forget any symbol or have a space in the wrong or a variety of other things your unit will go in an endless boot cycle or won't move off the system startup screen. Always have a backup in case you need to revert back.

Here's the date script, you will want to alter the x and y position to where you want it to display. Maybe adjust the text size.

Here's a picture of my unit on Feb 2. I was also the first to have a on-screen trip computer. After having it for about 11 months it's hard to give it up. I always seem to add it in any subsequent zips I use.

post-24694-12872760323467_thumb.jpg

Thanks N-S-E-W:

I am going to give it a try.

I understand completely what you are saying about putting things in the correct place inside the tags, etc. I have done some minor html coding and understand the concept. I just have not dug into these things yet to see what all is there are the meaning of all the different settings is a lot to understand at first. Also moving the X and Y coordinates should not be a problem, just a little trial and error. I may want to move the ui file out of the data zip for testing until I get it like I want.

I am also going to spend a bit of time to see if I can find the picture with the day displayed so I will know where it came from.

I got an error on this mod tonight. I don't know exactly what cause the error because I was showing my 5 year old son the nav and he started pushing buttons on the screen. I took a picture with my cell phone unfortunately the text of the error massage was not clear enough. I am using the no msn version since I have an F7010BT but the error message said something about msn and not finding a correct file or something like that. If it happens again I will try to get a good pic and not how it happened.

Hi.Just tried out your mod and i really like it.When i tried to simulate/fly over i got an out of memory error message and i had to restart the unit.It happened about 3 miles into the simulation.Any ideas please.I would like to keep this on if i can.Thank you.

Update

Turned off full spoken voice warning for speed cameras and unit completed 2 simulated routes with no problem.Could this be it?Will try again with spoken warning back on.

Don't worry if it's not perfectly clear. Please send whatever you have. I could have something in there someplace referencing the removed layer. I should probably just leave the layer in there and comment out the contents.

If it happens again I will try to get it, but really the message was unreadable. It was dark and maybe my camera angle was bad or something because the picture was clear but the error text was unreadable.

damn this is not working either. I double checked and the laneinfo_signpost.ini file is modified. I also replaced the attached bmb but no luck. I give up. I gues I have to learn to live with the green signposts :(

Don't give up so quickly. Let me research this a little. Give me a few days to load this zip and try it on mine and and make the changes stick. Don't want the European people to have the wrong color. :)

Diaftia - Is all the reduced roadsign stuff still from my zip? Did you change anything else regarding the road signs?

Okay, so I'm too impatient. Try this: remove the ui_pioneer folder from the zip and drop it in your apl2 folder (the same place as your zip),. Boot it up and see what happens. If this does not work I'll look at it this weekend.

Nope not working....

Excellent mod so far! Running great and NO MEMORY ERRORS SO FAR! (oops, I might have jinxed it). I put it through torture with navigation, etc. and no memory errors like in your previous mod. Keep up the good work

Hey Alex, I have a quick question, on your menu icons, you have four blank ones with nothing in it. Now hard would it be for me to have one of them going to the AV screen, or somewheres else of my choosing?

Alex - I found three .DS_Store files in your zip. I wonder if those are contributing to the out of memory issues some users are getting. From what I can tell they serve no purpose and may have been created by the MAC program you used to zip the file???

I'm not at the point yet where I can install this (I don't use an emulator) to re-create the memory issue. Will someone who does have the problem, please delete those instances from the zip. There is one in the ui_pioneer folder, one in the 800_480 folder and one in the common folder.

Alex - I found three .DS_Store files in your zip. I wonder if those are contributing to the out of memory issues some users are getting. From what I can tell they serve no purpose and may have been created by the MAC program you used to zip the file???

I'm not at the point yet where I can install this (I don't use an emulator) to re-create the memory issue. Will someone who does have the problem, please delete those instances from the zip. There is one in the ui_pioneer folder, one in the 800_480 folder and one in the common folder.

I dont know what purpose they would serve either. I seem to be having no memory issues so far with V2, and both mods have these files.

I dont know what purpose they would serve either. I seem to be having no memory issues so far with V2, and both mods have these files.

You can tax the system a bit by turning on all the features and planning a route of say 500 miles with a couple via points in between, then running it through multi-draw. Also simulate a route with alot of turns at normal speed with a TTS voice enabled. If you don't get an error doing that chances are you won't get one later.

Will someone who does have the problem, please delete those instances from the zip. There is one in the ui_pioneer folder, one in the 800_480 folder and one in the common folder.

Tested: No solution, always "Out of Memory" in the same Route, at the same Crossing ..... :(

Greetz Horizont

Additional: My V1- or V2-Mod is running without any Memory-Probs when setting "Next info when navigating" to "Waypoint" or to "OFF".