AVIC411.com

Continuous Reboot and failing to boot from TestMode

Hello,

My F900 was running the V3 OS fine for months. It has the hardware hand break mod.

Few days ago, I updated the phone book via Bluetooth, and did not see any errors. (I did get a call during this update)

This phonebook update may not be related but since then the unit does not boot. It keeps cycling the boot process with Pioneer splash screen.

A few time it did boot (while I was driving) but GPS was not working at all (i.e no signal) and once the illumination lights were flashing, no matter what mode/color I selected.

But the phone book data was there, however I don’t recall if it was showing the new or old data.

I tried booting with testmode, and I don’t think it even attempts to read from the SD card, cus the reboot is way too fast.

I searched around the forum, and only suggestions was to boot with testmode and remove the user files, which I cant do since it doesn’t boot in testmode.

On a Z forum, I read about similar issue that was related to flakey wiring. I will check that tonight, but I don’t think that my wiring is bad. I have done a good job with soldering and shrink wraps.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Kaveh

I fixed the problem. :-)

I couldn't boot in test mode, and pioneer told me to send it to service. And futureshop extended warranty would leave me without a unit for 4-5 weeks. (the only reason I got the PSP was due to the big discount to match crutchfield prices)

Took the unit out, checked the wiring, .. and it was all good. <- That's why I did it myself. So I know the wiring is done well and will last.

The unit was still responsive to the bootrom menu. (holding the reset, eject, Menu and Map).

I ran the memory tests and all passed. The GPS test didn't do any thing.

Then I reloaded the windows CE (no format). Then tried booting with testmode, and still was not able to boot.

Then I retried to reload windows CE with format, and now I was able to boot with test mode. The rest was just 30 min to reload the image. The unit is now back up and running.

Cheers

Kaveh

Mine is doing the same thing running 2.0006 firmware. Pioneer has confirmed at three levels of their support that "this is a known glitch". They gave me two options. Send it in for repair or replace the unit.

I have done a format install of 3.0 following the published howto. Worked like a chammp. Now to update to 3.01 and reload the hacks.