AVIC411.com

x710 install - orange light lead

The instructions tell me to hook this up to the light block. DOes anyone know exactly what this accomplishes? i see my prior install by best buy of my f700 did not hook this up. I was alway unhappy that i had to manually dim the screen at night. i know there is a night/day setting, but i have never seen a big difference (maybe because this lead was never hooked up?)

if i hook this up to the headlight juice, will it dim the screen automatifcally? I called pioneer 2x and asked and could not get a good answer. i am asking here becasue i am sure you guys know more than they do.

I fi hook it to the dimmer part of the light block will that dim the screen? or does it just automaticaly swithc it to night mode where i never saw a big difference, and did i not see a difference because it was never hooked up and made this feature disabled?

any suggestions woul dbe appreciated.

the unit should automatically dim when the headlights turn on and go back to full brightness when the headlights are off. the dimmer knob on your dash will not do anything.

"daytime" and "nighttime" mode for the nav have nothing to do with this. that changes the background color of the map screen to black at night and yellow in the day. this is done via the GPS clock i believe.

if you want your screen to be brighter or dimmer at night, make sure the headlights are ON and then change the brightness. if you want your screen to be brighter or dimmer during the day, make sure the headlight are OFF and change the brightness. whatever mode you want to change the brightness for, make sure that mode is active when changing the settings.

• 6 months later...