AVIC411.com

My F500Bt had been working fine - My IDT 3.0 Final Software mod made using it super fun. then it happened. I got some type of a box in the upper right corner of the screen - it read "ATT". It would not go away. Mean while my avic would never get passed the "system startup in progress....." screen. I tried every thing. dozens of resets, tried testmode, tried re-installing the pioneer 3.0 upgrade. nothing worked. It was dead :( ....lets see, out of warranty, hacked, and bypassed, what would pioneer think if I sent it to them - I couldnt, I had to do something. I started searching the forum.. I combined some hard work from several threads and......... bingo and bingo....If you have some ability to to this type of thing, read on.... if not, phone a friend.... you could FUBAR it for good..

this thread http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25838 shows how to get into the service menu. pasted here:

To get to the service menu hold the reset button and then hold the Power button for 5-7 seconds (reworded for clarity)

Passcode is MAP,MAP,MENU,Enter (center of joystick),MENU,Enter

*** NOW, you MUST have your 2.0, 2.06, or 3.0 (or what have you) installation SD card. I refer to my 3.0 in this write-up. Be consistent, use the WinCe that goes with that installion version.... do not mix and match ***

Once in Service Menu the reset button is the only way of navigating. Short push move through options. Push and hold for 1/2 sec selects option.

In the service menu, I worked my way to the "reimage WinCe using MCC/SD (format)" option.

FIRST, you must prepare an SD card with WINCEIMG.CKS & WINCEIMG.BIN installed on it. I got the WinCE files from my Pioneer 3.0 upgrade disk. insert the newly created WinCE card. in the service menu, hold the reset button for a 1/2 second to start the process of reformatting your drive and reinstalling WinCE. yep.... clean fresh reformat - those pesky problems are about to be wiped away:wink: ...

after this process completes, turn off the unit, put in your install SD card and restart (my 3.0 was used). it began the procces of reinstalling the entire pioneer package again...... 30-45 minutes (refer to the http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=26656&start=0 for the official Forum 3.0 install guide. or use the forum for install instructions for 2.0 or others)

This done, I was back to as good as new.... I reinstalled my IDT3.0Final and i am back in the saddle again. I now feel confident that any crashes or bad hacks can be be remedied by using this process.