AVIC411.com

Speed Sense Wire on '01 Suburban? Not where Directed says...

Oops, I posted this Q in the wrong topic - sorry for the double post. I am trying to locate the Speed Sense wire on my '01 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4. The Directed Electronics website says that its a green/white wire at pin 50 of the RED connector at the module. However, all of the connectors are BLACK on mine. I did find a green/white at pin 50 on one of the connectors but there are a lot of other green/white wires on this bad boy. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Although only indirect advice, this may help. I purchased the factory service manual for my Xterra. You can get it on CD-Rom, and there are people on eBay who sell copies very cheap. The entire wire diagram is listed, and the wire color codes. May help to find the VSS wire, and I suspect may come in handy for other applications. There are also other websites out there that list color codes, but I would look to the factory manual if you can.

It probably won't read anything when you are parked, you need to remove and unlpug the cluster, use a multi meter set to AC voltage, and test the wire with the other lead of the meter tapped to +12v, you will read a varying voltage that increases with speed. Try not to crash into a bus full of nuns.

I keep forgetting that, Cntry.

Tell me about it. Just did an AVN7000 in an 02 Escalade, went as far as getting the vss wire to the ecm. Then I realized, F*&K this I can get it at the radio harness. Kinda felt stupid for waisting 20mins running that wire for no reason. :)