AVIC411.com

NEW Firmware Update!!!

• 2 weeks later...
For those of you like me who own the AVIC-U310BT, today is a great day. Pioneer just released a firmware update to fix alot of the issue the unit was having.

I finally installed the update and everything has worked flawlessly for me since then. One thing I noticed immediately is that the unit now takes longer to hibernate after the ignition is turned off. This appears to give it enough time to disconnect with a cell phone, instead of displaying the disconnection message next time you crank up.

So far, so good...

I just tried to install this and it is not working. I copied the files to my SD card, but when I turned the unit back on the update prompt never came up. Has anyone else had problems with this?

Yes, mine did nothing the first time. I reformatted my SD card, copied the files back over and tried again. (You may want to redownload the update as well.) It worked perfectly the second time for me, so I suggest trying again. If that doesn't work, double check that you have followed the instructions and didn't skip over or make a mistake during any of the steps. Hope that helps.

I just tried to install this and it is not working. I copied the files to my SD card, but when I turned the unit back on the update prompt never came up. Has anyone else had problems with this?

Yes, mine did nothing the first time. I reformatted my SD card, copied the files back over and tried again. (You may want to redownload the update as well.) It worked perfectly the second time for me, so I suggest trying again. If that doesn't work, double check that you have followed the instructions and didn't skip over or make a mistake during any of the steps. Hope that helps.

A reformat did the trick. Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm on the fence about this HU.

before i make any decision i wanted to confirm that the BT issues are all remedied from this recent firmware update. :?:

Also, has there been any improvement in the GPS functionality? From what I read, the unit seems to be plagued by incorrect placement, lagging, etc.

i'm on the fence about this HU.

before i make any decision i wanted to confirm that the BT issues are all remedied from this recent firmware update. :?:

Also, has there been any improvement in the GPS functionality? From what I read, the unit seems to be plagued by incorrect placement, lagging, etc.

To my knowledge, the BT issues have been resolved; it has worked perfectly for me since the update.

The "lag" and occasional incorrect placement issues remain. They aren't deal-breakers for me, but I'm sure we'd all like to see them fixed in the future.

Do also be aware of the very limited set of POIs though.

To my knowledge, the BT issues have been resolved; it has worked perfectly for me since the update.

The "lag" and occasional incorrect placement issues remain. They aren't deal-breakers for me, but I'm sure we'd all like to see them fixed in the future.

Do also be aware of the very limited set of POIs though.

Thanks for the response.

I'm currently deciding between the U310BT and the Kenwood Excelon x993.

The Pio is about $150 more, depending on where you look, and MIGHT be worth it for the bling bling of having a double din screen for (theoretically) easier navigation of USB/iPod/iPhone controls, NAV, etc.

Does the U310BT do a good job of reading from USB flash drives? ID3 tagging supported, reads and loads the files properly, etc?

Does the U310BT do a good job of reading from USB flash drives? ID3 tagging supported, reads and loads the files properly, etc?

I have been using the WMA format and the ID tagging working fine, just be aware that you turn off the DRM security and there is a number of folders limit on the flash drive. I believ it is 500 total folfers.