AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z1 & Z110BT

WIth the AVIC-Z1 I could only load CD-Rs with MP3s or AIFF files. My library would hold up to 8GBs or 10GBs (don't remember off the top of my head) of music on the internal AVIC-Z1 hard drive. With the Z110BT if I understand correctly, I still have a built-in hard drive library, but also a SD card slot that can store as much as your SD card will hold? Is this true? If true, does this mean, if I have a 16GB SDHC card, that I can have 16GB worth of MP3 files or AIFF files on the card that is inserted into the Z110BT, and I can also have 10GB worth of music on the internal hard drive library? Can you still sort the library by artist, song, genre, or album?

WIth the AVIC-Z1 I could only load CD-Rs with MP3s or AIFF files. My library would hold up to 8GBs or 10GBs (don't remember off the top of my head) of music on the internal AVIC-Z1 hard drive. With the Z110BT if I understand correctly, I still have a built-in hard drive library, but also a SD card slot that can store as much as your SD card will hold? Is this true? If true, does this mean, if I have a 16GB SDHC card, that I can have 16GB worth of MP3 files or AIFF files on the card that is inserted into the Z110BT, and I can also have 10GB worth of music on the internal hard drive library? Can you still sort the library by artist, song, genre, or album?

There is no internal harddrive in the Z110.

Thanks. How are people using their iPods with the Z110BT? I mean do you run the cable out the back of the Z110BT and snake it/loop it up through the glovebox? If you hide your iPod in the glovebox, how do you charge it? Does the extreme heat and/or cold affect the iPod? It's drive is not as robust (meant to be outdoors) as the AVIC's drive is it?

Thanks. How are people using their iPods with the Z110BT? I mean do you run the cable out the back of the Z110BT and snake it/loop it up through the glovebox? If you hide your iPod in the glovebox, how do you charge it? Does the extreme heat and/or cold affect the iPod? It's drive is not as robust (meant to be outdoors) as the AVIC's drive is it?

mine's hidden in the GB, charges when the car is on, had no problems with any of the above, although we don't have extremes of heat or cold in the UK :wink: