AVIC411.com

WoofersEtc.com Has SWI-PS version 1.6.8

Per other forum members post on here that these guys have the latest version of PAC SWI-PS version 1.6.8, I emailed them to be sure. They responded that they do indeed have version 1.6.8 that supports the Voice Recognition feature on the F/X series and the Z110BT. This place can also be found on Amazon as well. There number is (323) 231-3525.

I called and confirmed that they are carrying 1.68. They said it is the only model they have in stock, so I ordered it off their website.

Thank You so much for finding this. I have called EVERYONE trying to find this rev. Either they have 1.67 or they don't know (or care) what they have.

I'll update when it arrives as to the rev number.

• 2 weeks later...
BTW I called Crutchfield in my search and they didn't know and didn't care to find out what version they had.

I got a similar response from them. I call and they did confirm they had over 500 1.6.7 versions in stock and they couldn't do a special order on the 1.6.8 version for me. They did take my number and said they would call me with a solution but I never heard back from them. I ended up getting mine from my local dealer.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting this thing to program the VR. It programs all the buttons appropriately but the VR button acts as volume down.

I have programmed it about 10 times and it is the same result each time. I read where someone was having a similar issue, but I believe that was 1.67 and mine is a 1.68 (or so it says on the side). Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Sonic Electronix has it as well, it shows both the old and new (SWI-PSv1: 1.6.8) on their site. Got mine today and have it installed. MUCH better than the SWI-JACK that I had with my alpine unit. On that one, you had to hold the steering wheel buttons for a sec (there was a delay). This one, everything happens immediately when I click it!