AVIC411.com

2009 Canyon V8, with AVIC F700BT install help...

I have an AVIC F700BT that was installed in my wife's 4Runner professionally. We traded her truck and we kept the AVIC.

Now I want to install the AVIC into my 2009 GMC Canyon, I've never tried to install something like this that has so many different parts...here are some of my issues.

1. What wiring harness do I need so that I can keep the onstar, and the door buzzers etc?

1a. Where is the best place to get it?

2. Is there some way to use the mic that is already in the headliner, or at least mount the AVIC mike inside the onstar mic that is in my headliner?

3. Can I use the factory XM antenna that the truck already has?

4. If I want to install a backup camera is there a brand or model that I have to use?

Thanks to all, i need all the help I can get..

• 11 months later...

I'm going to assume you've already figured most of this out since its been a year.

The onstar retention adapter is a GMOS unit. There are a couple, you should look for the phone that will be compatitble with your year. A short search on google for gm onstar retention adaptor should lead you in the right direction. After you have a part number you can price shop. I don't remember where I ordered mine, but it cost me about half of what they are asking these days.

I have heard that you can splice into the the onstar microphone and it will work, however I have not tried this. I personally located the microphone just above the steering column sort of to the left of the shifter. The column and mechanics are sealed from the top so the wire wont get tangled and theres a notch in the rubber around the column that keeps the microphone in place nicely.

Again, the answer is yes. And there are posts on this forum about which wire you have to use (GM has two wires on the XM harnesses). I recently saw something about a newer XM cable so I can't guarantee your 09 is good. My 08 seems to match up with what the majority says about the harnesses and stuff.

Near as I know the only thing you have to be sure of with the back-up camera is that it uses an rca plug instead of some sort of proprietary connector.