AV button/ current song on the map screen

how many users like having the AV button on the map screen  

40 members have voted

1. 1. how many users like having the AV button on the map screen

• i like it
    • i don't like it
    • i just like the av button and not the current playing song
    • doesn't matter

i found a way to remove the av source button/album art and the currently playing song on the nav screen, not having the av button on the map screen frees up some space for other things, i currently am working and trying to figure a new layout for the skin#3, what i want to know is how many users actually like having it on the nav screen?

also please provide some reasoning if you vote,

***edited to add another option

I like having it on there so that I can see the name of the song at all times and have a quick way to get back to the iPod controls. I could do without the album art though. I don't really like having it there since I don't care what the CD of the album looks like! haha!

I like the AV button, but on the default state I could be collapsed, so no information about radio station or played mp3 files is shown.

Of course button with this action can be placed somewhere else, not have to be at the bottom-right. However, it's nice to have one click shortcut to actual av source.

I could do without the album art, but I really like having the AV button.

But what I would REALLY like, is to have short-click pull up the current source as it does currently, and maybe long-click pull up a shortcut menu of the other AV choices. So I could select and go directly from say my IPOD to Satellite, versus having to poke around trying to get to the FM selection for example.

The album art is not a necessity to me but the AV at the bottom is as I drive a lot and music comes first and Nav second. Speaking of your #3 mod, will you have a call home feature such as Daftia's bluetooth feature which allows you to call home or any phone number set to your home?

Hmmm, if you have a way to remove the link, then you must have an idea where the UI for the AV/MAIN menu is. Can you tell me where to find it, as I have spent countless hours going through files trying to find the ui for both the AV screen and the Main screen

Hmmm, if you have a way to remove the link, then you must have an idea where the UI for the AV/MAIN menu is. Can you tell me where to find it, as I have spent countless hours going through files trying to find the ui for both the AV screen and the Main screen

More than likely the AV UI is in the APL\AV.exe and APL\AVRes.Res files and Main Menu UI is in APL\MainMenu.exe and APL\MainRes.Res, with both pulling image data from APL\Image.Res. Both are independent executables from APL2\iGo\ezrider.exe and APL2\iGo\data.zip. ezrider just posts messages to both via commands in the scripts like this one:

;send message to mainmenu
	EXEC "other.pioneer.postmessage" "MainMenu" "WM_APP_AV_IGOMAP" 0

If that command wasn't captured right by MainMenu, then that's when you end up with the "System Startup In Progress" message stuck on the screen (I think it's drawn by MainMenu) over the top of the other apps. In a similar fashoion, AV.exe draws the Now Playing/Source Icon over the top of the iGo map when you're navigating. So if IDT had found the right messages to post to AV.exe to make it hide, then it won't draw on top of the map. But it also sounds like it won't expect to listen for the button press to indicate Voice Rec is active (notice how VR only works when certain Pioneer APL\ apps are running and on-screen? Probably the same reason...).

More than likely the AV UI is in the APL\AV.exe and APL\AVRes.Res files and Main Menu UI is in APL\MainMenu.exe and APL\MainRes.Res, with both pulling image data from APL\Image.Res. Both are independent executables from APL2\iGo\ezrider.exe and APL2\iGo\data.zip. ezrider just posts messages to both via commands in the scripts like this one:

;send message to mainmenu
	EXEC "other.pioneer.postmessage" "MainMenu" "WM_APP_AV_IGOMAP" 0

If that command wasn't captured right by MainMenu, then that's when you end up with the "System Startup In Progress" message stuck on the screen (I think it's drawn by MainMenu) over the top of the other apps. In a similar fashoion, AV.exe draws the Now Playing/Source Icon over the top of the iGo map when you're navigating. So if IDT had found the right messages to post to AV.exe to make it hide, then it won't draw on top of the map. But it also sounds like it won't expect to listen for the button press to indicate Voice Rec is active (notice how VR only works when certain Pioneer APL\ apps are running and on-screen? Probably the same reason...).

fourG is right, i just played with those scripts in the navigatemap.ui, there's 6 of them in total in st_navigatemap,

little off topic, but does concern the map screen button options.

I tend to adjust my screen brightness regularly, can we have a shortcut to the brightness "1 to 10" scale from the map screen? right now its multiple screens and buttons to get there. then again i may be the only one :?

i found a way to remove the av source button/album art and the currently playing song on the nav screen, not having the av button on the map screen frees up some space for other things, i currently am working and trying to figure a new layout for the skin#3, what i want to know is how many users actually like having it on the nav screen?

• 4 weeks later...
little off topic, but does concern the map screen button options.

I tend to adjust my screen brightness regularly, can we have a shortcut to the brightness "1 to 10" scale from the map screen? right now its multiple screens and buttons to get there. then again i may be the only one :?

i'm sure it's possible but no one know what commands needs to be executed