AVIC411.com

Where did you buy yours?

You can get the rebate forms from Pioneer's website. I also bought mine from car toys through amazon. I'm hoping the rebate is successful. The receipt I was able to get car toys send me didn't have their physical address on it. It says payment method: amazon. I'm going to send it in with that and the amazon receipt.

By the way, Amazon prices fluctuate a lot. My x910bt was 549.99 from Car Toys on Amazon.com. The next day it was 799! I think if you are patient and just keep checking you can get a good price.

Thanks for the info! Please let us know how the rebate turns out for you. I just saw that Cary Toys has added this HU for $529.99 as of tonight. And 6ave has it listed for $548.00.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get the rebate forms from Pioneer's website. I also bought mine from car toys through amazon. I'm hoping the rebate is successful. The receipt I was able to get car toys send me didn't have their physical address on it. It says payment method: amazon. I'm going to send it in with that and the amazon receipt.

By the way, Amazon prices fluctuate a lot. My x910bt was 549.99 from Car Toys on Amazon.com. The next day it was 799! I think if you are patient and just keep checking you can get a good price.

Thanks for the info! Please let us know how the rebate turns out for you. I just saw that Cary Toys has added this HU for $529.99 as of tonight. And 6ave has it listed for $548.00.

Musta been a Valentines Day special....

http://www.6ave.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=PIOAVICX910BT

Looks like the price continues to drop. Amazon now has it for $519 from CarToys, for a total of $419 AR. Unfortunately, they don't offer the 30 day price guarantee that they once did that would refund you for price drops after you bought an item.

I would guess that eventually stock of the X910 will run out, as they are apparently pricing these low in order to create room for the X920.

OK, just got off the phone with a guy at 6ave.com. From what I was told, when you purchase through amazon it's noted within 6ave's records. When you submit the receipt/invoice and rebate form to Pioneer, Pioneer actually follows up with 6ave to find out if it was purchased through them or a 3rd party like amazon. At that point, 6ave will state that it was purchased through Amazon and the rebate will be voided.

Mind you, this is coming from a sales rep at 6ave, and from what I'm told, they have an excellent reputation in quality and customer service.

I'm going to follow up with CarToys later today about the same thing to see what they say, but they run on PST so I need to wait until noon EST to give them a call.

I don't think there'll be any issue with 6ave(thru amazon) rebate. Couple of things, I don't think rebate house will call 6ave to verify and the invoice does not indicate it's bought through amazon. Even if the rebate is denied I don't think i'll have any problem calling and getting the rebate. Technically I'm still buying from authorized retailer 6ave and the term and conditions does not specifically prohibit me buying/paying through amazon. I have done enough rebates and not worried about buying from 6ave/amazon but there is always a risk with all rebates. I'll find out though. :)

Or you can just talk to the sales and tell them to match 6ave's/cartoy's amazon price. I think they'll gladly do it. Especially, cartoys, they send you a unique coupon you can use on their web site to give you the price match discount.

Good to know about Car Toys matching the Amazon price. I never did get a chance to call today, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow. I'll definitely inquire about that price matching though when I do call.

6ave came down on the price from their website for me after I had mentioned Amazon, but would only come down to $50 more than was listed on Amazon. The reason they gave was that you couldn't get the rebate through Amazon. Which, now that I have had some time to think about it, sounds a little strange.

Thanks for keeping this thread going leeb18c. I'll let you know what more I find out.

Slightly off-topic, but not too far :) ...

For what it's worth, just got off the phone with Car Toys. Gave them several sites with sub-$900 prices for the Z110BT. They pulled out the rebate argument on me. The lowest they would go is an up front cost of $979.00. That minus the $200 minus the bing cash back puts it at $681.

Really debating this now. From what I've read, the Z110BT has superior voice recognition, boot up time and speed altogether. Take the savings total from a purchase of the X910BT and there's a $200 difference when it's all said and done between the X910BT and the Z110BT. Choices, choices.

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked on the rebate site. It says my $100 rebate is valid and has been scheduled for final processing!! :D