AVIC411.com

2009 Canyon V8, with AVIC F700BT install help...

I have an AVIC F700BT that was installed in my wife's 4Runner professionally. We traded her truck and we kept the AVIC.

Now I want to install the AVIC into my 2009 GMC Canyon, I've never tried to install something like this that has so many different parts...here are some of my issues.

1. What wiring harness do I need so that I can keep the onstar, and the door buzzers etc?

1a. Where is the best place to get it?

2. Is there some way to use the mic that is already in the headliner, or at least mount the AVIC mike inside the onstar mic that is in my headliner?

3. Can I use the factory XM antenna that the truck already has?

4. If I want to install a backup camera is there a brand or model that I have to use?

Thanks to all, i need all the help I can get..

(1) Metra axxess GMOS-01 (if you have Bose, the model is GMOS-04)

(1b) google it, that will give you a list of the lowest prices, also check sonicelectronics.com(sp?)

(2) it can be done (using the factory mic) however it has been said before that the sound quality is not good and then your OnStar will not work anymore because it doesn't have a mic any more, just mount it somewhere else for best reception and retaining OnStar.

(3) yes just put the pioneer XM tuner in the factory tuner location, and you may need to take off part of the connector to allow it to plug in.

(4) any camera will work, some work better then others do