AVIC411.com

mic wire anchors?

hello,

in the pioneer installation guide they suggest using adhesive cable "anchors" (not included) to route the long mic wire along the interior surface of the vehicle.

anybody know where to get something like these?

thanks,

matt

Not sure why you need anchors. You just insert into headliner and friction will hold it enough.

In my case I installed MIC on top of rearview mirror, and MIC cable felt little loose under liner near the Mirror. So inserted small rubber mat( one that is used for Kitchen cabinet to provide grip) after the cable, and it is pretty tight.

If you really need it because of location of MIC, you can find small clear cable holder(organizers) in most stores( in staples etc).

Not sure why you need anchors. You just insert into headliner

because i dont want to permanently route the wire up the pillar. my particular mic can be popped into a ball-and-socket mount typically placed at head level, or, used w/ a lapel clip -- which provides better sound. but to do this one has to move the mic several feet when this mode is desired. which is why i want to use anchors (as suggested in the 310BT's install guide), because the wire is easily removed from them in about 2 seconds.

If you really need it because of location of MIC, you can find small clear cable holder(organizers) in most stores( in staples etc).

cable ties are fine for tying cables to something else. they are not fine for trying to affix to the driver's side interior pillar.

...thus, my post. so, does anyone know where to buy the adhesive anchor mounts as seen in the pioneer install guide?

• 3 months later...

Pioneer actually includes a bunch of these anchors inside the package for the CD-VC1. (this is the steering wheel remote and the microphone for the older N and D series Navi's). I have a pack here and have been saving them in case my next vehicle warrants me using them.

Just use tape.

yeah, cuz that will look real nice in the interior of my car. tape.

Based on your question it was assumed you would be routing the cable where it wouldn't be seen. Maybe next time you could be a little more specific.