AVIC411.com

Now my right channel is done!?!?!

Arrrrgh. This F90BT is begging for me to smash it. I've got the dreaded right channel cutting out problem with the iPod. This product could have been the best ever but Pioneer really screwed the pooch. I'm not pulling it out again, i'm trashing it. Problem is the competitors aren't offering much better. I'm looking at the Alpine IVA-W505, the Pioneer 1100, and the Kendwood 9140. Skeptical about going for another Pioneer after the problems with this one, but Pioneer gives you the most for the money.

The Z110BT is worlds away from the F series. The 9140 has numerous issues so you will be trading one problem with another there. The Z, I don't think will disappoint you.

Definitely leaning that way. Especially since I have the XM, mic, gps antenna and everything already Pioneer. I loved this F90 for the few moments it works, but i'm sick of reloading the software and pulling this in and out. How's the touchscreen on the Z110?

Arrrrgh. This F90BT is begging for me to smash it. I've got the dreaded right channel cutting out problem with the iPod. This product could have been the best ever but Pioneer really screwed the pooch. I'm not pulling it out again, i'm trashing it. Problem is the competitors aren't offering much better. I'm looking at the Alpine IVA-W505, the Pioneer 1100, and the Kendwood 9140. Skeptical about going for another Pioneer after the problems with this one, but Pioneer gives you the most for the money.

Did you buy the Pioneer iPod cable? If so, throw that POS in the trash and get the Apple composite iPod cable. Its about $30 on eBay and has fixed nearly everyone elses iPod audio channel drop-out issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Like many others, I have had the right channel cut out and I "repaired" it by simple wiggleing the ipod cable under the dash and the sound came back. I'm not sure how I could have a loose connection, but I would much rather find a permanent solution. Is this the ipod cable you are referring to?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB128 ... TA4MjUwNDc

Does this simply replace the Pioneer cable and give you the same features?