AVIC411.com

F500bt Question

I searched but I couldn't find anything irrelevant to this exact particular scenario.

I have read that it is possible to install a Avic F500bt INPLACE of a headunit. If you can install it inplace of a headunit, can you hook it up to an aftermarket 4 channel amplifier instead of the ND-G500? Or is it possible to go through and bypass the G500 and then into a different amp? Or would I be stuck with the G500?

Reason being is because the car I wish to install a stereo in, just does not have the room for a deck without severe modification. I was hoping for a bit more power as well then what the ND-G500 can kick out as it will be in a rear engine convertible, so the cockpit is quite loud.

If you can hook it up that way, what would be the disadvantages? I know I wouldn't have radio, but I would just be using my ipod anyways, and I am sure i could stream radio off my iphone into it as well.. Would I be able to fine tune any audio settings what's so ever (like High pass, bass, treble, etc..)?

The compactability of the F500 would be ideal, but I want to be able to control and fine tune the audio settings as well.

you do have some options

remember one point. The amplifier is really intended to just amplify the navigation output directions and such. the Music producing capabilities of the units leaves a lot to be desired. You should rely on your base system for that. I use my unit for movies and music, but high fidelity it is not

if you intend to have an indash unit pumping a 1000 watts, the thought of it cutting out 1000 watts to tell you to turn left in 1/4 mile and then full 1000 watts back in...whew...or directions given at a loud enough level to be heard over the 1000 watts....double whew!!! this would of course involve the avic unit and a separate unit.

If your intention is to use the F500BT solely, you will probably not like the audio quality, but you dont have to use the G500 amp. just use the audio out mini jack (stereo) and amplify it as you wish using an amplifier that excepts the Avic 0.5 volt 1kohm Audio output or 0.2 volt 16 ohm headphone output.

also note that most people dont miss their local am/fm until its not there..... F500BT doesnt have a radio