AVIC411.com

700BT - "starting up system..." -$ for help

Hi Guys,

Ive done a lot of reading on the site and finally after trying everything with no success, i joined the site to ask more specific questions regarding my issue.

I just purchased an A4 that came with the 700BT but the system settings were grayed out "im assuming the previous owner didnt perform the hardware/software bypass" but thts fine, not a big deal... i can do that myself.

So the system was running 1.* code, i updated to 2.* code the other night all was fine with the exception of the grayed out options. I then decided to run some of the mods from the site, one specific which is the complete backup provided by a user on this forum, he had a download link:

Index of ftp://www.turboss.com/f700bt/700BT-Single large file/

fast forward a few hours, i ended up getting issues like "application database could not be located" and a lot of "starting up system"... each time though the writing would not disappear and he system would then reboot after a few min (at this time the only option i cannot enter is the Settings tab, everything else still works under the anoying text of "starting up system..."

current:

I formatted the flash partition, and ran an entire copy of the img downloaded from the link above but i still get the same starting up issue.

does anyone have a Un-modded version of the 700bt software that i can download to restore? or even if anyone has a moded version that corrects the issue or even suggestions... any help wold be greatly appreciated and am willing to even donate a few $ via paypal if ur idea/suggestion works.

ps- can the firmware 3.* be installed on the U.S versions? my 700bt is USA based i believe as im in the states

Thanks again in advance

uncle P

Hi,

Yep, i downloaded the 2.0 backup from the Wiki but it has the issue of "starting up system..."

maybe ill try once again... Question for you my friend just so i know im not missing anything here:

1) update system

2) upload mods

and all MODS in the F F Series work on all models (including the 700bt?) because ive seen only posts regarding the 90* models...

correct? i thought perhaps some of the mods would come with the system itself.. but ya, sorry for the stupid questions but i cant find the answer 100% and ive had he nave for only 3 days and all ive done is read this site (great site btw!)

GIve it the old "Menu+Map+Eject+Reset button" right after you turn on the car. Have the SD card in there. Hold those buttons for about 15 seconds, then release the reset button. A few seconds later I released the other ones. You should see the buttons on the unit pulse from black to blue (breathing). You should then get your WinCE interface (provided you have the Testmode files on the SD card). Then copy the files you need to copy to the Flash Drive.

hi guys,

I was up late and managed to get everything working under testmode 2.2 and firmware 3.0

only thing that. does not work is my ability to enter the navi or system menu at any time... regardless of driving/parked/car off..

must I do the hardware bypass? I tried the software bypass and I can change my POI while driving...