AVIC411.com

Who wants new NavTeq 2009Q2 USA/Canada maps...?

How are these maps?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How are these maps?

• Great, Noticeable Differences
    • Seems The Same
    • Needs Work
    • Not Using Them - Sticking With An Older Version Of NavTeq Maps
    • Sticking With TeleAtlas Maps (Any Version)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty simple really.... backup your map, poi, and building folders from your AVIC's My Flash Drive, then delete those folders off the AVIC, then copy the new ones from this download. You also need to make sure you have the correct license file for using modified maps, which if you changed your maps before, you most likely already have.

- Dan

I downloaded the maps and installed them in my avic. I noticed that the Navteq maps notice some small roads that I drive daily that were not noticed on the 2009.6 maps.

When I downloaded the Navteq maps, I noticed that there was not a DEM file, will this interfere with the potential of the Navteq maps?

the only info we are getting is Speed says some small roads are showing up that werent in TA. it still cant plot the way to one destination I go to. I had the maps from firmware 2.0, and 3.0 then I updated to the ta 2009.6 and it still wont plot it, but the road does show up and is labled. I Have a mygig in another vehicle and it plots the address just fine, but as far as i know mygig uses navteq. I might just try these navteq maps on f900. i just hate the nearly 1 hour wasting time uploading the maps.

the only info we are getting is Speed says some small roads are showing up that werent in TA. it still cant plot the way to one destination I go to. I had the maps from firmware 2.0, and 3.0 then I updated to the ta 2009.6 and it still wont plot it, but the road does show up and is labled. I Have a mygig in another vehicle and it plots the address just fine, but as far as i know mygig uses navteq. I might just try these navteq maps on f900. i just hate the nearly 1 hour wasting time uploading the maps.

I'm actually having the same issues. I live in a small subdivision, which has a back entrance, and is located in a large golfing community with many small subdivisions. When I leave my house to travel to work, it will lead me out the back entrance, but when I leave work and set destination for home, it wants to take me to the front entrance of the large community, not even recogizing the route to the back entrance of my subdivision.

It did this with the 2009.6 maps as well. The only time when it would take me a different route was when I had the 2.0 software installed, but even then it did not take me the quickest route via back entrance.

I just tried these maps for myself, much better than the 2009.6 TeleAltas, more up to date streets and I find them more accurate for street numbers esp in Massachusetts where I am.

The only thing I wish is they had the highway signs like the TeleAltas maps do.

• 1 month later...
I just tried these maps for myself, much better than the 2009.6 TeleAltas, more up to date streets and I find them more accurate for street numbers esp in Massachusetts where I am.

The only thing I wish is they had the highway signs like the TeleAltas maps do.

Redo it cause I have highway signs.

I copied over and i have to say i like these maps a lot better. House numbers are more accurate!!. We drove around for about 2 hours and the only thing i noticed is the speed limit signs for the areas we were in did not show up. (I am using Diaftia's Mod) & we just skirted around the edges of town so that may be why, we didn't get on the interstate so i will know more later but overall i would have to say on first impression these maps are a lot better than the TA 2009.6 I was using.