AVIC411.com

Who wants new NavTeq 2009Q2 USA/Canada maps...?

How are these maps?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How are these maps?

• Great, Noticeable Differences
    • Seems The Same
    • Needs Work
    • Not Using Them - Sticking With An Older Version Of NavTeq Maps
    • Sticking With TeleAtlas Maps (Any Version)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These new maps work great here in canada. More poi's and more streets. I have also seen some fixes. The 2009.6 TA maps had a few bugs in it, here that is. Thanks so much for posting. I installed in my F500BT. :D:D:D:D:D

Yes, the maps look and work great. Navteq was always the maps tp get here in Canada because they were always more reliable than TA maps earlier on. Now they are equivelant to Navteq, but 6 years ago, my TomTom was missing several MAJOR streets in canada, not minor ones. I have always stuck with Navteq until I got my Avic and then was very pleased at the accuracy of the new TA maps. I am using IDT's NAV system with the map changer so I can have the best of both worlds AND it also gives me a direct comparrison of the two. Both have goods and bads, so having the changer is great.

The good:

-In Navteq maps, the highway signs look MUCH better than the TA ones and display more colour

-For some reason, the directions are a lot more accurate and faster when navigating to a destination

-Terrain seems to be a bit better with slightly more detail

The Bad:

-Roads look squarish around bends, TA maps are much smoother and look better in that respect

-In TA maps, the speed limits were always posted, and in the Navteq ones, NO speedlimits are posted anywheres here in CANADA that I can find anyways

The good:

-In Navteq maps, the highway signs look MUCH better than the TA ones and display more colour

-For some reason, the directions are a lot more accurate and faster when navigating to a destination

-Terrain seems to be a bit better with slightly more detail

The Bad:

-Roads look squarish around bends, TA maps are much smoother and look better in that respect

-In TA maps, the speed limits were always posted, and in the Navteq ones, NO speedlimits are posted anywheres here in CANADA that I can find anyways

I agree with abb1, i didn't notice the squarish bends till i read abbs post but it does have a cartoonish look to it. Still more accurate than the teleatlas maps.

no speed limit signs here with navteq either

I got on I-75 today during lunch break and done a few loops to test both maps going by exact same exit in same direction. I chose 2 exits that were close to a college because they were easiest to do loops on (only about 1 mile between exits)

To me..IMHO...TA is the clear winner. You do get speed limit signs on I-75 with NT but that is about all. I love that TA shows ABAC (Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College ) on the sign. I think NT is best around home for picking up small isolated roads (we got lots of dirt roads down south ) but on a road trip i would have to go with TA.

to be fair.. The NT maps do show that you are on I-75 at intervals, the pic just didn't catch it.

post-30542-12872761552071_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761558096_thumb.jpg

More pics today on I-75 to show IDT's mod on a return trip home.Love the signboards and how it dims exits until you reach yours.

I would like to say this is a great mod.

I.D.T.

I am very, very impressed with this. It works great for me.

post-30542-12872761771767_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761777204_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761782028_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761786222_thumb.jpg

More pics today on I-75 to show IDT's mod on a return trip home.Love the signboards and how it dims exits until you reach yours.

I would like to say this is a great mod.

I.D.T.

I am very, very impressed with this. It works great for me.

do the signboards work with Navteq maps?

But then again where i am in nyc tri state area the signs work perfect on navtaq

really, i have tried it in several locations but only on I-75 as that is the only interstate in my immediate area. I wonder if it is something on my end?

But then again where i am in nyc tri state area the signs work perfect on navtaq

really, i have tried it in several locations but only on I-75 as that is the only interstate in my immediate area. I wonder if it is something on my end?

Yep just drove to baltimore md (4hour drive) signs were working the whole way

Pretty simple really.... backup your map, poi, and building folders from your AVIC's My Flash Drive, then delete those folders off the AVIC, then copy the new ones from this download. You also need to make sure you have the correct license file for using modified maps, which if you changed your maps before, you most likely already have.

- Dan

What about this licence folder and easy rider file, where do u get that?