AVIC411.com

Who wants new NavTeq 2009Q2 USA/Canada maps...?

How are these maps?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How are these maps?

• Great, Noticeable Differences
    • Seems The Same
    • Needs Work
    • Not Using Them - Sticking With An Older Version Of NavTeq Maps
    • Sticking With TeleAtlas Maps (Any Version)

Ok, just got my new X710, used to have the F700BT with the 2009.6 TA Maps that worked with the proper license file. I just copied these new maps over to my X710, deleted the License folder and copied over the one that I used with my 2009.6 TA Maps and now it doesn't work. I get a message in a WinCE alert box saying something like "Your license is not valid to open the maps present" or something like that during bootup. The files that are in my License folder are "GENERIC_iGO8_WorldWide@801Product.lic", "Pioneer_PNA_NA@0810_(PremPOI,_TMC,_LM)_2008-12-18_NN747.lic", and some other file called "DEVICE.NNG".

Not sure what I am doing wrong here. I'm leaving on a long road trip to FL tomorrow and don't really want to copy over the 2009.6 TA maps if I don't have to. Thanks.

EDIT: Ok, I'm an idiot. I forgot that the EZRIDER.EXE also needed to be copied over from my old mods. All works now. However, I did a flythrough route and highway signboards are not working on Garden State Parkway or Route 18, which do have signboards with the TA maps. So I will be going with the TA maps for now.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, just got my new X710, used to have the F700BT with the 2009.6 TA Maps that worked with the proper license file. I just copied these new maps over to my X710, deleted the License folder and copied over the one that I used with my 2009.6 TA Maps and now it doesn't work. I get a message in a WinCE alert box saying something like "Your license is not valid to open the maps present" or something like that during bootup. The files that are in my License folder are "GENERIC_iGO8_WorldWide@801Product.lic", "Pioneer_PNA_NA@0810_(PremPOI,_TMC,_LM)_2008-12-18_NN747.lic", and some other file called "DEVICE.NNG".

Not sure what I am doing wrong here. I'm leaving on a long road trip to FL tomorrow and don't really want to copy over the 2009.6 TA maps if I don't have to. Thanks.

EDIT: Ok, I'm an idiot. I forgot that the EZRIDER.EXE also needed to be copied over from my old mods. All works now. However, I did a flythrough route and highway signboards are not working on Garden State Parkway or Route 18, which do have signboards with the TA maps. So I will be going with the TA maps for now.

Signboards are sporadic with Navteq maps. When I tried their maps, the signs primarily showed when another interstate merged with the one I was on. Also, with TA there's more eye candy. When there is an overpass you see the bridge with TA. With Navteq the roads are all flat. The curvatures of the roads are realistic with TA. Navteq they're squared off. One thing I notice Navteq does that TA does not is Navteq shows county road numbers.

yep just drove to baltimore md (4hour drive) signs were working the whole way

anyone else also have this experience or any idea why i do not get signboards with NavTeq?

I don't know why. But I was on I75 in Fla today for the first time since uploading NT maps and I didn't have road signs in my area where I normally would with TA. I like the NT better, guess if I ever took a trip long distance I would switch over to TA, but for now I'll stick with NT.

yep just drove to baltimore md (4hour drive) signs were working the whole way

anyone else also have this experience or any idea why i do not get signboards with NavTeq?

I don't know why. But I was on I75 in Fla today for the first time since uploading NT maps and I didn't have road signs in my area where I normally would with TA. I like the NT better, guess if I ever took a trip long distance I would switch over to TA, but for now I'll stick with NT.

I just simulated a route from here to Miami, Fl. Signboards only appear after you get on Turnpike, they do not work anywhere on I-75 that I have simulated although I do want to simulate a trip from Atlanta up through Chattanooga.

Pictures reflect signboards in Orlando area

*Also wanted to note that these maps, POI's, etc... are all running completely off SD card. I have deleted the entire contents folder from flash disk for testing purposes. So Far So Good :cry:

post-30542-12872761954391_thumb.jpg

If you add announce left/right command (and this is just my experience) Navteq announces on the wrong side. I have read others have had the exact opposite effect whereas TeleAtlas would announce on the wrong side.

Just another comparison, for my time TeleAtlas is still winning

If you add announce left/right command (and this is just my experience) Navteq announces on the wrong side. I have read others have had the exact opposite effect whereas TeleAtlas would announce on the wrong side.

Just another comparison, for my time TeleAtlas is still winning

I have the left/right announce from diafta and it works just fine .

so far the NT maps are a winner for me, a few major roadways in my area that would not show up on TA now show up with NT.

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed that a bunch of POI's are missing in this relase. I'm in Austin Texas and my 2008 stock maps had a bunch of business listings. What's the best way to get more listings, use the old POI files? can I use one of those POI websites and just download a bunch of POI's?

(I Have an X901BT if that matters.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,is there a special way to unrar these 9 files? i downloaded the 9 files from megaupload and when i unrar the first one it doesn't unrar the rest(8) what i am missing? i am sure all need to be unrared to one building/map/poi folder i just can't figure out how ,if i unrar individually to the same folder the next will just replace the first(building/map/poi).

any help is greatly appreciate it

thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Downloaded and installed these Navteq maps on my x910. I was hoping to get more speed limit info like the Navteq on my Garmin 750 has but was sadly disappointed by even less speed limit info than the TA maps from the last x910 FW update.

I'll be putting the TA maps back on.

Downloaded and installed these Navteq maps on my x910. I was hoping to get more speed limit info like the Navteq on my Garmin 750 has but was sadly disappointed by even less speed limit info than the TA maps from the last x910 FW update.

I'll be putting the TA maps back on.

Here in Canada, NT does provide lane info but lacks of speed limits. TA does provide speed limits but lacks of lane info. What is the joke? We are into 2010 now :twisted: .

Anybody knows something else?

• 1 month later...