AVIC411.com

great movie format - and not listed in the manual

I have tried all kinds of formats with no success. freezups, screen size.... all crappy......

I decided to go from a 16GB SD card down to a 2GB thinking the card size was the issue. the video was still crappy BUT, I happened to have a 10 second video file I made with my blackberry on the sd card. It was a .3GP file. It played perfect. it is not listed in the avic manual, but it is some variation of the MPEG4 which is listed.

I now have movies the fill my screen completely and video that plays without freezes or skips. I encode movies using "DVDFab6" using the "dvd to file" option. I convert to .3GP and use the following custom settings;

Frame Resolution... 720 X 540 (fills the 16:9 screen - could handle some slight tweaking - HELP?!?!?!)

Fixed BitRate....... 650kbps

Split.................. No Split

FrameRate.......... 23.976 (defaulted to this, so i left it... )

Audio BitRate....... 64kbps

Audio Channel...... Dolby Prologic II

Volume.............. 300% (for my installation).

The video is more than good enough, and though it is not as smooth as my home TV, it is very good.

I reposted and editted this due to its importance.

Originally posted at "http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18103

i recently downloaded YouTubeRobot to download HQ videos instead of streaming them and it converts them to a blackberry format(or should i say a format for my blackberry) that work great, full screen, high res(well high res for a small screen), and it plays smoothly

was it a .3GP file format?

i recently downloaded YouTubeRobot to download HQ videos instead of streaming them and it converts them to a blackberry format(or should i say a format for my blackberry) that work great, full screen, high res(well high res for a small screen), and it plays smoothly

just looked it up

audio codec mpeg4aac

audio freq 44100

audio bit rate 64bps

video codec mpeg4

framerate 25

res 320x240

bitrate 1200

i was running a higher res for the first few vids, and then turned it down so it would look better on my phone, i dont remember exactly what the settings where at but it looked great

Sounds great, but how is the sound quality. I haven't tried my new idea yet. But what I have in mind in finding the best original videos I could and I will be converting using Divx Pro 7 which has it's own burn utility to burn to disc, which if you imagine you could probably fit around 30 plus music videos on a DVD in the DIVX format and the audio is great and the video is clean and smooth as long as the original video is good too. Especially since SD cards take so long to load up. The only thing I haven't tried is getting a usb hard drive set up, since I do like using my Ipod more for music.