AVIC411.com

N5 Custom Backgrounds

I have tried EVERYTHING Possible & wasted a bunch of blank CD's trying to get this to work. I tried Burning over 100mb of other data & made the PICTURES folder & It doesnt ever work. I even tried to old way & made a BG folder & still nothing. It ALWAYS Says there is no /PICTURES/ folder. Make a /PICTURES/ folder & store JPEG files in that folder. That is ALL I have in that folder!

Can Someone please help me for the AVIC-N5

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I tried the N3 solution sticked a the top of that section on my N5 today and it worked. The only things I had to do differently from what the N5 manual was a smaller resolution (500x240), and burn it with a non windows burnign software (makes no sense to me why pioneer would let this be an issues). I used the recommended nero freeware (nero 10) and the free irfanview editing software to resize the pics. When resizing the resolution you need to unclick the option that maintains aspect ratio, or else it will resize the 500 as you put the 240 in. The final result will seems strange until you realize its fit perfect for a widescreen :).

burn, finalize, load it in. make sure you label your name. i left the P#### from my digi camera and i forgot which is which out of my 20 pics on that disk. I'm just happy it works though....With only 500x240 the quality still looks very nice.

The N5 manual says the resolution can be a max of 2,048 x 1,536 pixels...i'm going to go back and try it with higher res also set for wide screen and see if it works.