AVIC411.com

Z110BT VW GTI MkV Install [HD Video]

I finally replaced the factory VW Navigation system in my 2007 GTI MkV with an AVIC Z110BT. I recorded everything I did to replace the old nav with the AVIC and edited it together in a how-to style video, hopefully it'll help a fellow VW owner.

What I Installed:

AVIC Z110BT

PAC SWI-PS - Steering wheel controls for AVIC.

PAC SWI-CAN - Steering wheel controls for GTI to SWI-PS.

VW DD Mounting kit.

PAC C2R-VW - Wiring kit.

Euro Radio Adapter.

The only issue I ran into installing the AVIC is addressed in the video, it has to do with the lower frame piece having two tabs that prevent the frame from snapping into place. I used a Dremel to remove the two tabs.

Side note: If you turn on the vehicle to test the AVIC with the passenger air bag indicator unplugged you will see a air bag fault light/warning on the instrument panel, I took my car to the dealer and they reset it in about 3 minutes for free.

I assume that Jettas come apart the same, but this definitely works for Rabbits/GTIs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you very much for this video.

I installed a F700BT in a 2009 Jetta Sportwagen, which is essentially the same as yours when it comes to the center console. The step by step instructions were excellent.

I have one question for you: As it get warmer and warmer, my AVIC overheats and freezes. I can spring it back to life by blasting the AC with full recirculation and the upper dash vent open, but I don't want to drive around in an ice box all summer.

Do you mind sharing some tricks for heat management on the VW MKV platform? Maybe step 0 is to open the dash again and move the wiring as far as possible form the AVIC's tiny fan, but I thought I was pretty careful the first time around. I wonder if anything else can/should be done (computer fan, heatsinks, cutting vent holes, etc). I have searched the archives in this website, but came out empty handed, maybe I'm not doing it right.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't had a problem with my Z110BT overheating, but then I haven't had a day over 85F yet here in Florida since I put it in around December. I had the VW Navigation unit before I put the AVIC in, and it also had a small fan, perhaps VW provides extra ventilation for vehicles equipped with the stock nav? I can usually hear the fan running on the AVIC, you might want to double check that the fan is working, try starting it up on accessory power to see if you can hear it. Other than that I've got no clue, but I have heard of others on the forum having overheating issues, I'd recommend posting in the device's forum, I doubt its a VW issue.

How is the viewing angle of the nav unit in the GTI/Jetta dash? With the relaxed angle of the VW dash is the video screen still usable during the day? I don't think the Z110BT will tilt the screen down. I have one in my Dodge 2500, but I'm looking down at a nav screen that is vertical and doesn't get much glare. I'm debating on putting a Z110BT in the wife's 2009 Jetta TDI sedan.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...