AVIC411.com

Can not isolate hiss from speakers....

First off, I owe a huge thanks to everyone on this board for all the great topics here. Lots of great info. So, I am having what seems to be a common issue. There is a hiss coming from all the speaker when any source is selected. When the music is paused, silent break on the radio, or between songs there is a very prevalent hiss. It gets louder with the volume. I have unplugged everything. All that is plugged in is the necessary wire harness. No amp, antenna, gps, a/v inputs, removed the hard bypass nothing works. I have tried connecting the ground to the chassis and no luck. The odd thing is I have went through 3 systems prior to the pioneer and none had this problem. Stock, kenwood ddx-512, and JVC NT1. No wiring was changed at all. I sold the later two because they had horrible interfaces. Thanks in advance for any help.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
First off, I owe a huge thanks to everyone on this board for all the great topics here. Lots of great info. So, I am having what seems to be a common issue. There is a hiss coming from all the speaker when any source is selected. When the music is paused, silent break on the radio, or between songs there is a very prevalent hiss. It gets louder with the volume. I have unplugged everything. All that is plugged in is the necessary wire harness. No amp, antenna, gps, a/v inputs, removed the hard bypass nothing works. I have tried connecting the ground to the chassis and no luck. The odd thing is I have went through 3 systems prior to the pioneer and none had this problem. Stock, kenwood ddx-512, and JVC NT1. No wiring was changed at all. I sold the later two because they had horrible interfaces. Thanks in advance for any help.

did you get this fixed? How?

avic x910bt in an 08 ram, using all 3 rcs outputs into a 6 channel cadence amp, with all new speaker wires.....HORRIBLE engine noise....

avic x920bt in an 03 avalanche with the metra gmos 04 interface.....HORRIBLE engine noise..... i will be installing all brand new JL amps, jl seperates, and JL subs next week, and eliminating the metra interface, and bose amp.....i thought i had a bad radio with the x910, but now that i have the same problem with my x920, im wondering if its something with the RCA outputs from the radios.

avic x910bt in an 08 ram, using all 3 rcs outputs into a 6 channel cadence amp, with all new speaker wires.....HORRIBLE engine noise....

avic x920bt in an 03 avalanche with the metra gmos 04 interface.....HORRIBLE engine noise..... i will be installing all brand new JL amps, jl seperates, and JL subs next week, and eliminating the metra interface, and bose amp.....i thought i had a bad radio with the x910, but now that i have the same problem with my x920, im wondering if its something with the RCA outputs from the radios.

is it accelerator whine - aka does it occilate with speed? do you have a ground loop isolator?

ive got both a "digital" back ground noise, as well as accelerator whine. I dont have any ground loop isolators in the system.... but after reading some other threads, i DO have HID lights, im going to try un hooking those,, as well as grounding my RCA cables.

I've seen posts about HID's and alternate wiring to help with other ailments. Post your results when you get it fixed