AVIC411.com

Hello to all :)

This was a hard forum to find but I'm glad I did (already ordered the Garmin mike and I haven't even installed the unit). I'm to put the U310BT in a brand new Forester (OEM HU is horrible). I chose this Pioneer mainly for the removable faceplate, secondarily for all the features, and a tertiary reason beings its ability to control the ipod and/or read a zip drive. I've got a typical Garmin Nui that hops from several vehicles so if the nav is as poor as some say it's a good backup. I've also ordered and recieved the SD nav point update so it can go into the unit at the very beginning. Some questions for you experts please:

1. The SD nav point update card--do you load from the SD into the units main memory or does it read from the SD card when needed?

2. I've read the instructions for use with the U310BT but didn't see how to change the colors on the display...also I downloaded the AVIC feed software and didn't see it there either. Do you have to have the unit connected to the pc before you can see where you can 'personalize' the screen?

3. Same questions about the splash screen-can this only be down when connected to the pc?

4. About the OEM mike and the Garmin I just ordered. Did anyone notice that the sound improved after updating the software? or was it simply the mike that comes with the unit?

5. I can find no source of info on the net of anyone using a BlackBerry (I'm using a Storm) with this HU...anybody? Would be nice to hear that the Storm can pair up with the U310BT without too many issues. It's just a matter of time before all states require 'hands on the wheel'.

Thanks for any clues!

robert

1. The SD nav point update card--do you load from the SD into the units main memory or does it read from the SD card when needed?

2. I've read the instructions for use with the U310BT but didn't see how to change the colors on the display...also I downloaded the AVIC feed software and didn't see it there either. Do you have to have the unit connected to the pc before you can see where you can 'personalize' the screen?

3. Same questions about the splash screen-can this only be down when connected to the pc?

4. About the OEM mike and the Garmin I just ordered. Did anyone notice that the sound improved after updating the software? or was it simply the mike that comes with the unit?

5. I can find no source of info on the net of anyone using a BlackBerry (I'm using a Storm) with this HU...anybody? Would be nice to hear that the Storm can pair up with the U310BT without too many issues. It's just a matter of time before all states require 'hands on the wheel'.

1. It reads from the card; you must leave it in.

2. Hold "SRC" to turn all sources off, then hold down the jog dial until the menu comes up. It has a selection of preset colors, or you can create a custom color through the PC.

3. Yes, the splash screen can be changed only through the PC.

4. I didn't notice that. The Garmin was an improvement over OEM for me, though.

5. Sorry, no idea. It should work fine though, theoretically.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the quick response and clearing up so many issues.

I'm excited, the install is Wednesday if the amp and subwoofer arrive on time

and the trim kit necessary for the Subary dash (fit kit).

After it's all in I'll report back on fuction.

One last question...after booting up the U310BT I need to determine the firmware version correct? and if below a certain number then apply the update....do I do the update by connecting the removable faceplate to the usb/pc

or by popping in an SD card?

Thanks,

robert