AVIC411.com

AVIC firmware os2.x vs os3.x

Hi All,

Hope you've all had a great Christmas!

Well, I held off getting my F900bt after all the annoying OS glitches and speed issues that were expressed on this very site.

I left it for 6 months and decided to revisit over the holiday period, and noticed the release of OS3 and the new 910 series.

So, I've seen that there's some great update procedure tutorials, but very little on the differences, pros & cons of the "new" OS...... what are they?

Does OS3 in essence cure the problems that dogged the (much improved) OS2? The 910 series seems to offer very little over the 900 apart from speed and a few more POIs. Is this down to the OS update?

Dan

• 1 year later...

Hi,

What I've seen:

- the touchscreen is more responsive, when scrolling through songs it scrolls better. And even that accidentally playing the song when scrolling hasn't happened.

- this firmware supports can-bus integration with VW & Ford see the following link: http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/extra/25-111/241/car/vehicle-bus-display-support.html

- installing more POI's shouldn't work I guess, because it still has the limited memory

- Bluetooth compatibility is improved, still people can't hear me properly with my Android Samsung Galaxy S2 (I guess this is an Android issue, my Nokia's work fine N8,N71,etc)

- I can't really say if the overall speed is improved, it feels quicker but start-up time and switching between nav and AV mode still needs improvement

Too bad they don't have a public release-notes (like every other current software vendor has)