AVIC411.com

button beep/ding extremely loud, keeps reverting loud

I have an F90BT with the 2.0 update loaded by the retailer. I've had it for about a year, relatively trouble free (except for slow bootup and sometimes slow response during use). It has the hardware bypass mod.

Recently the button ding/beep sound has gotten EXTREMELY loud. So I'd (painfully) navigate to the navi settings, sound settings, and turn down "master volume" to get the ding to an acceptable level (close to full left on the adjustment dial). It would be good at that point.

Then, after a few days, completely at random, the button ding will be back to full loud volume again. Sometimes when I navigate back to the menu to change the volume level, it will still be at the 'low" setting near the far left...but the volume is still loud as hell. Other times, the volume has reset itself toward the far right (loud).

I finally got sick of this and turned the keys off (same menu). That was fine for a few days, no ding at all.

Then today the SOB was back at full ding volume again. Navigate to the menu settings and find that the KEYS are set to OFF. How the F*&^ can the buttons still beep when they are turned off?! The master volume had also reset it self near the right (loud) side, so I turned it back down toward the left and got the ding back to an acceptable level.

Sooner or later this thing is going to act a fool one time to many, and I will be forced to put my fist through the LCD screen, so someone please give me some useful advice to prevent that unfortunate course of action.