AVIC411.com

Prepping to Install a new U310BT

Hey everyone.

I'm doing my due diligence on installing this unit and was wondering a couple of things.

A) Has anyone installed the HD Tuner with this unit? (GEX-P20HD) And if so, what do you think of it?

B) Is there an installation manual online for the GEX-P20HD?

C) Parking Brake lead question. According to the install manual, it says that the parking brake lead needs to be installed on the power side of the parking brake switch. Is this lead actually looking for power? Or for ground?

D) What features are disabled if the parking brake lead is not connected?

Thanks in advance for your responses. I'm sure I'll have more questions to ask here soon enough. :lol:

OK...more questions.

E) Is there a place to get regular map updates for this unit?

F) I'm wanting to install the GPS in the back window instead of the front. However, I have 25% window tint in the back. Will this affect signal quality?

I thought of installing HD tuner but have not installed or used GEX-P20HD, But I can answers what I know

There is nothing special about this. All you need is connect supplied IP bus cable, the blue-side to headunit and black side to HD Tuner, and take power from constant powersupply lead which is going to headunit. Antenna connection goes into this unit, not to headunit anymore. So this will tune all HD, and analog channels for you.

You can download manual here on crutch field if you want

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-9wEPu6g3wO ... P20HD.html

C) Parking Brake lead question. According to the install manual, it says that the parking brake lead needs to be installed on the power side of the parking brake switch. Is this lead actually looking for power? Or for ground?

Basically, head unit checks to see if this is grounded or not. If grounded it assumes that parking brake is applied.

You can not use dialpad for phone, or you can not enter address for Nav. But you can still select contact from addressbook if it already has. But anyways check the manual if something else also disabled. I think either you connect to Parking brake stated, or check the other thread which has discussion about this specific item.

One last question. Does anyone know the default PIN for the 310BT? I keep trying 1111 but it won't allow my phone to connect to it.

Thanks again!

Yes that is it 1111. I just installed mine last monday. I took a couple of minutes for iPhone to pair. Once paired though it works great. Try pairing from phone instead of HU.

Hey everyone.

I'm doing my due diligence on installing this unit and was wondering a couple of things.

A) Has anyone installed the HD Tuner with this unit? (GEX-P20HD) And if so, what do you think of it?

Thanks in advance for your responses. I'm sure I'll have more questions to ask here soon enough. :lol:

OK...more questions.

E) Is there a place to get regular map updates for this unit?

F) I'm wanting to install the GPS in the back window instead of the front. However, I have 25% window tint in the back. Will this affect signal quality?

I've looked into the hd unit and read multiple reviews on it and most reviews are not good. I usually read all reviews and installation material and the bottom line is people are not happy with the reception. The reviews say even the regular radio reception is degraded. I believe this is because the antenna cord added between the 310bt and the hd unit adds another 9ft of cable after the install. This degrades the signal I'm sure, but I'll probably look at it when I get my unit.

I've looked into the hd unit and read multiple reviews on it and most reviews are not good. I usually read all reviews and installation material and the bottom line is people are not happy with the reception. The reviews say even the regular radio reception is degraded. I believe this is because the antenna cord added between the 310bt and the hd unit adds another 9ft of cable after the install. This degrades the signal I'm sure, but I'll probably look at it when I get my unit.

I have not had any of these problems since my install. I also did the FW update and all seems good. I actually think the reception has improved. I get a couple of stations that I had trouble getting before.