AVIC411.com

Transfere contact but not addresses

I have the u310bt I am trying to use it with my iphone when I transfer my contacts they transfer to the stereo, when I upload a location to my iphone it goes to contacts as it should. When I go to the car and manually try to upload as the instructions say ,everything transfer except the locations. Any advice would be welcome.

Hi Chuck. Apologies if I've misunderstood your question, but you have to use the AVIC FEEDS app to upload a location. Unfortunately, you cannot directly sync locations or addresses from your iPhone address book directly to the unit. See the video linked below for detailed instructions.

Pioneer Lab #15: AVIC FEEDS for iPhone

I don't use this feature because I think it easier just to type in the destination.

Does this only work with the Iphone contacts or does it work also with windows CE contacts as well?

Hi Kevin. You should be able to sync contacts from any phone with the proper Bluetooth implementation, including almost any recent phone running Windows CE/Mobile. You can only upload locations from an iPhone using the AVIC FEEDS app.

[quote name="AVIC-U310BT

Does this only work with the Iphone contacts or does it work also with windows CE contacts as well?

Hi Kevin. You should be able to sync contacts from any phone with the proper Bluetooth implementation' date=' including almost any recent phone running Windows CE/Mobile. You can only upload locations from an iPhone using the AVIC FEEDS app.[/quote]

Thank you very much for the update, its is too bad they did not update the BT stack to include the other functions, since the unit is running on windows CE 5.0, it would have been a no brainer. I am using the AVIC for the desktop with success. I can only hope they come up with a AVIC update moble version for windows CE for our smart phones.

• 3 months later...