AVIC411.com

Whiteout of screen after first time installation

F900BT purchased brand new today

Installed by myself; non-professional

Region: Europe

Version: 1.0006 (Map), 1.9 (Firmware)

After having the headunit powered up for about 10 minutes whilst car is idle after first-time installation, I was able to have a play and personalise the settings before I took it for a test drive.

After about 10 seconds into vehicle movement, the whole screen gains a whiteout washout, even though you can just about see what's going on in the background and you can still interact with the touchscreen and GUI. I pulled over and turned the car off then on again and waited at idle... after about 30 seconds of the system being fully booted up and playing music without any further input from me the whiteout appeared again.

This happens frequently, after between 10 and 90 seconds randomly, no matter what screen is in focus (Navi/CD/FM) and whether I'm moving or not. I've found that if I go to 'Top' Menu > Settings > System Settings and touch Screen off (located at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen at this point), wait 1 second for the screen to go off completely, then touch the screen anywhere to turn the screen back on, the visual problem is resolved. However, after another short amount of time the whiteout occurs again!

* Anyone experienced this themselves?

* Could it be my wiring / earth point?

* Could it be my mass of wires are obstructing the cooling fan at the back of the headunit?

* Could it be a faulty unit although brand new and boxed?

Below I illustrate the problem although this is just a close representation, not a photograph:

guiproblem1.jpg

Took it for over an hours drive, seemed to be working fine after I'd changed the earthing point earlier today.

After about 40 minutes the whiteout suddenly appeared again, without warning and whilst on Navigation just as it had done previously above.

Any ideas anyone? Faulty unit? :(

• 4 weeks later...