AVIC411.com

Question reguarding remote control

Since the unit does not come with the ability to use an ir remote control, does anyone think it is/will be possible to use the bluetooth technology (AVRCP) to control the Z over bluetooth? I realy love this nav system over any on the market to date. It has everything and is super fast, and the touch sensitivity is perfect. It just seems rediculous to me why the heck Pioneer left out the ability for a remote control. The old units had it and almost all the other high end nav units on the market have it so why cut it out?!?!?

They probably cut it do to cost concerns. Most cars now have steering wheel controls so that is still an option. As far as BT remote control probably not, at least in this software version. The unit would need to support the BT profile to do so and there is no indication that it does. Maybe in the future.

Such a shame! I dont have steering wheel controls and was hoping since it used the bluetooth protocal that supports the feature (control from unit to ipod) it could somehow be reversed. Guess i'll wait till CES till I make a decision to keep this unit or go back to Z3 till something comes out that will support remotes. I like having the backseat passangers control what they want when they are watching the back monitors. Thank you for the quick response and all the well made videos vblue42!!

Hey glad I could help, there are some options for wired remotes. Pioneer makes the CD-MR80D and the CD-MR70 and Sony makes the RM-X4S. All of which are wired and should work with the wired remote input. I have used the Sony RM-X4S and it works well. The only issue with it is it has a reversed polarity so unless you install it to the left of your steering column the controls are reversed from what you would assume.

I have not heard anything about PAC releasing IR as of yet. Anyone at CES see anything that might help yet? I love this unit, but I am constantly messing with the volume and tracks, so not having a remote I find myself driving the car leaning forward all the time. Hope they announce something before the end of CES so I can keep this unit and have the last piece of the puzzle!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. PAC did release a product that gives the avic z110bt the ability to use remotes. I ordered it Monday and received it last night. Installed it and it works perfect. No lag and if used with the correct remote then it also allows activation of the voice function right from the remote! Not sure why pioneer removed the IR but this little add on from PAC is just what I was looking for. Part #: WRI-P works best with (cd-iu50v). I have not seen it on PAC's website, but I purchased from a local dealer so if someone is wanting this and cant find it PM me and ill see what I can do. This is the BEST unit I have ever owned, fast, packed with features, and has the best user interface of any unit from the past and present.

PS. I love this forum, thanks to all Mods and members on this site!

No problem. Thank you, the staff, and the avic community for all the wonderfull help! This site has helped me numorous times in the past and present solving problems. I have owned the z2 in the past and was able to find the bypass hack, and the z3 upgrade walkthrough most helpfull in these forums! I recently purchased the z110bt and am very thankful that the community was able to provide the info to bypass video restrictions on this unit as well. Also thanks to vblue42's video walkthroughs helping me make the right decision of purchasing this awesome unit!!