AVIC411.com

Hey guys I'm new to these forums but by reading them I have decided to buy the new Pioneer Avic Z110BT! :mrgreen: I wanted to talk about CES 2010 now I know that this is Pioneers flagship model but do y'all think that they will have any new units or will there just be an update for the firmware or some other related update to the current line? I found this while doing some Goggling "Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Mobile Business Division announces its exciting 2010 in-vehicle offerings including ultra-high-end audio, navigation, A/V receivers and other mobile components. Top level executives will present cutting edge technologies at the forefront of advanced media, connectivity, control interface as well as business strategy for 2010." what do yall think any ideas??

I have a feeling that we will be getting this update for the Z too. The X920 and the Z110 appear to run the same operating system, nav software, etc, and both have a 3D accelerator, so I would have reason to believe the Z110 should have no problem handling all of these enhancements with ease. If these features do come out in an update, I would have to consider getting an iPhone to use these services. Also, it would be interesting to see if they could allow us pull in traffic/weather data through the iPhone.

They do appear to run the same software so I don't see why we would not have the same functions with the Z. However, I am able to use Pandora with no problem on the Z as it is now. Either BT or with the iPod cable. This new feature only seems to put an icon on the units screen and display the phones interface. It does sound nice but that alone wouldn't make me buy the unit.

I wouldn't jump ship for that feature either. I just hope they update this thing to load the VR engine on bootup, regardless of whether the "OK" button is pressed on the warning screen. By setting the VR engine to load on boot, that fixes the voice dialing, the VR control of multimedia, etc. As a side note, I'm kind of surprized that Pioneer didn't use a rotary volume knob with the new X920. There's definitely room for it. Let's hope for the best tomorrow.

I think the pandora interface looks sweet...even has album covers. I would much rather see that and touch the screen than use my phone

They do appear to run the same software so I don't see why we would not have the same functions with the Z. However, I am able to use Pandora with no problem on the Z as it is now. Either BT or with the iPod cable. This new feature only seems to put an icon on the units screen and display the phones interface. It does sound nice but that alone wouldn't make me buy the unit.

post-18762-1287276074352_thumb.jpg