AVIC411.com

Can we load custom POI's such as Trapster Red Light Cameras?

Am about to put one of these bad boys installed in my car. I am so stoked!

When traveling on business, I have a Garmin Nuvi. I successfully loaded the 8600 Red Light cameras (.csv file) through an import POI. This works great, I get a non-so annoying alert, and a tone as I approach a known Red Light Camera zone.

Can we do something similar with the Z110BT?

Yes but in a very limited way. You can use the AVIC FEEDS PC app to create and load custom POI with an SD card but the app has a limitation of 100 locations max for any .CSV file. The work around for this is to edit the .CSV in a document editor into multiple files of 100 locations each. The custom POI however does not support any type of audio or visual alert. It sucks but unfortunately this is the best we have at the moment

VBLUE42- Thanks for your response. The custom icons might work.

BTW- I saw some of your YouTube videos on this headunit last night. You did an outstanding job on those.. and this is the primary reason why I decided on this unit.

One more question, future map upgrades. They are handles via SD Card right? Lets say for example I want to upgrade both my Z110BT units from 1 SD card.. is this possible? If you know what I am saying.

Sharing is always good.

Were not sure yet but upgrades will likely be from SD card. Also, it is unlikely that you will be able to upgrade more then one unit with the same SD card much in the same way as the current 3.0 upgrade for the F series which has to be activated for the unit that is to be upgraded. We should know for sure soon as the info released from the CES show will be released on this site as well.

• 3 months later...
If you do a POI setup for the trapster cameras, can you upload it somewhere for all to enjoy? :mrgreen:

I would like to second this - I've read many posts on things that can happen - but little on constructive details.

Along the lines of the bypass thread (which just got better, more detailed) - there must be someone who has done this - in detail, and can post a basic - here's how thread detail????

Well what do you need to know how to do? You download a POI file, convert it with AVIC FEEDS, and save it to your SD card. As far as traffic cameras are concerned, it can be done like any other POI but it will not do anything for you without an alert feature on the unit. It isn't very practical.