AVIC411.com

VR Creation on ITOUCH

Just installed the 110BT, and really like it. I have a 32G Itouch with about 12G of music and videos. So far it has run about 2 hours on and off(not continuous) creating the VR directory, and is not finished yet. The only item that is highlighed at the top of the screen is the IPOD folder, all the rest are grayed out. It plays music, but that is about it.

How long should the VR directory take to create, and does it have to be a continuous creation? Can I stop the car and it remembers where it was in the VR creation?

Where can you see the VR directory for the iPod?

I was wondering if the VR would be able to play albums, genres, bands and playlists directly and my tests were all unsuccessful... but it's supposed to work, isn't it?

My problem is also that I don't know the correct way to say the command for the german VR (which I have to use, otherwise the system wouldn't understand the German cities).

Just installed the 110BT, and really like it. I have a 32G Itouch with about 12G of music and videos. So far it has run about 2 hours on and off(not continuous) creating the VR directory, and is not finished yet. The only item that is highlighed at the top of the screen is the IPOD folder, all the rest are grayed out. It plays music, but that is about it.

How long should the VR directory take to create, and does it have to be a continuous creation? Can I stop the car and it remembers where it was in the VR creation?

Do a restore and complete re-sync of your content. That should clear up the problem.

I was wondering if the VR would be able to play albums, genres, bands and playlists directly and my tests were all unsuccessful... but it's supposed to work, isn't it?

My problem is also that I don't know the correct way to say the command for the german VR (which I have to use, otherwise the system wouldn't understand the German cities).

VR is only available for English language as far as I am aware. Also, as stated in the manual, you can search Playlist, Artist, Album, and Genres. The proper commands to use are also in the manual.

I had an issue just of late with mine... (64GB IPod Touch)

For whatever reason, it would not "play artist so and so"... it just kept saying What?

I synced with another machine, so I was reluctant to try a restore.... Instead, I thought to rebuild the VR dictionary.... I must have been dreaming, cause I thought you could erase the VR dictionary via the HU(other than a reset).... But I couldn't for the life of me figure it out...

So it came down to plugging in another IPOD/Iphone and let it build the dictionary for my Iphone... I confirmed that VR was working correctly, then I plugged my IPod back in and badda-bing... it works now...

I have about 10GB of music on my 64GB Ipod Touch, and it takes about 5-8 minutes for it to finish building the initial VR dictionary...

If you have another IPod, I'd say give it a shot.... If not try a reset...

I would also try not to shut it down in it's process and maybe give it a good 15 minutes before giving up...

There is no way to erase the VR dictionary as it will do so every time you power the unit on. Also, you can turn the VR catalog function off once it does its initial catalog. You only need to re-catalog if you change content on the iPod. Also, make sure you hit the map OK button before any BT devices connects to the unit or VR search functions for iPod will not be consistent.

It's probably part of the same "startup bug"....

I bet re-sync'ing your Ipod with a different playlist would provoke a new VR rebuild.....

For instance.... sync it with a single album... just to make it that much quicker for the VR rebuild...... then go back and sync your entire media folder and let it build the VR dictionary again... Probably the same as plugging in a new IPod...

VR is only available for English language as far as I am aware. Also, as stated in the manual, you can search Playlist, Artist, Album, and Genres. The proper commands to use are also in the manual.

VR does work with german settings, I can enter target addresses, give commands like "Spiele iPod" (play iPod) or "Rufe Martin zu hause an" (call Martin at home).

But it doesn't seem to accept any commands for selecting albums or titles etc. There is no mention of them in the manual either, neither in the german nor in the english version. Maybe this functionality is implemented only in the US Z110BT but not for the european F10BT? That would really be a shame.

However, there might also be a good reason for this not to work, at least with non-english settings. I guess the system would have to be able to understand english album and title names (which most music is using) together with german commands, which seems to be a bit much to ask for.