AVIC411.com

NO SOUND with IPOD hooked up

You need to use the Pioneer cable that has USB and RCA connections. Some will say buy the Apple version, but I had one and it didn't work. I just bought the Pioneer version and it worked instantly. The cable is $50 from Crutchfield. Don't forget to set AV input 1 to Ipod.

Phillip

You had a fluke with the Apple cable. The fact is there are many more people that have problems with the Pioneer cable then the Apple cable as evident with the many issues people have reported on this site. In fact, you are the first that I have seen that has had a problem with the Apple cable. Nevertheless, both cables are compatible with the unit and will provide the full capabilities of iPod integration with the unit.

You need to use the Pioneer cable that has USB and RCA connections. Some will say buy the Apple version, but I had one and it didn't work. I just bought the Pioneer version and it worked instantly. The cable is $50 from Crutchfield. Don't forget to set AV input 1 to Ipod.

Phillip

yea i got the pioneer one... i guess i did not hook it up correctly. so i plug into the usb and then plug the audio and video cables in as well.

Hi,

I'm using a 2nd gen ipod touch with my f90bt, and I just had what sounds like the same 'no sound' problem (haha no pun intended!) happen for the first time 2 weeks ago. Since then it's happened 2 more times, and I think I've figured out what caused it. It got really cold here right before this happend and all 3 of the times I had the no sound problem it was extremely cold and I'd left my ipod in the car while I went into a store or restaurant for a long time. It didn't happen on short stops, only the longer ones. Since I've started taking my ipod into stores with me, the problem has not happened again.

I hope this helps! Of course, if you live in Florida or somewhere else warm, this is no help at all, - I'm sorry if thats the case....

peace,

infochia

I bought some generic cable off ebay for $9 and it works great. I looked it up using the Pioneer part number. There's a few sellers that sell them, they all list them as if its the genuine Pioneer part, but its really some knock off from Hong Kong. Sad thing is it works 10x's better than the one Pioneer charges $50 for.

• 5 weeks later...