AVIC411.com

Pioneer unveils AVIC-X920BT @ CES!

Las Vegas, CES Booth #1001 1/6/2010

Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today announces an innovative navigation system that leverages the success of the flagship AVIC-Z-series and provides consumers additional ways to enjoy their music entertainment. Pioneer’s new AVIC-X920BT integrates sophisticated navigation capabilities as well as new groundbreaking features, including a revolutionary 3D touch slide interface, Pioneer MusicSphere and ECO Graph. Pioneer also introduces a new navigation option with the add-on AVIC-U220, a flexible navigation solution that complements the new 2010 line of in-car A/V receivers.

“Pioneer continues to develop cutting-edge technologies for this category because the combination of entertainment, convenience and navigation is relevant to our customers on a daily basis,” said Ted Cardenas, director of marketing for the mobile business group of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Innovations such as our 3D Interface, MusicSphere and ECO Graph demonstrate Pioneer’s leadership in development and integration of technologies that satisfy the needs of the end consumer.”

The X Factor

In addition to built-in navigation capabilities, the new double-DIN AVIC-X920BT features 4GB of flash memory, a large 6.1-inch WVGA touch screen display, a 3D graphics accelerator, DVD playback, built-in Bluetooth1 for hands-free calling and music streaming, USB connectivity2 for iPod/iPhone connectivity, micro SD card slot, back-up camera input and is SIRIUS XM3 satellite and HD Radio4 ready.

Audio User Interface Revolution with 3D

Redesigned from the ground up with the needs of today’s consumers in mind, this new user interface features dynamic shortcuts for all built-in or connected media sources, more prominent display of album art (when applicable), and improved display of audio track data. The intuitive touch slide control is utilized for audio/video source selection and for searching through new media such as iPod/iPhone content with a new, improved ABC Search and dual-speed scroll for List Searches. 3D animation makes the user interface a completely new, easy to use and intuitive in-car experience. The AVIC-X920BT also adopts the customizable home menu, introduced in 2009 on the flagship AVIC-Z110BT, allowing users to drag and drop up to 15 function icons into the home page display for easy one-touch access.

MusicSphere

Pioneer’s new proprietary MusicSphere technology allows users to enjoy their music in a new way by creating unique mood-based playlists via iTunes for their iPod, iPod Touch, or iPhone device. When installed on a user’s computer, the MusicSphere iTunes plug-in software5 will analyze the entire music library and create specialized playlists based on various musical attributes such as feeling (bright, energetic, gloomy, relaxing calm), rhythm pattern, Beats Per Minute (BPM), year of the song and/or date added to the device.

Additionally, through the MusicSphere plug-in, users can select preferred parameters of their music to create a “DJ Playlist”. This function will create a non-stop mix of up to 100 tracks of the selected music types with the further ability to set the transition effects for blending between songs.

Once an iPod, iPhone or iPod Touch device has been synced with the MusicSphere playlists and is connected to the AVIC-X920BT, users can access up to 40 specialized playlists through an animated 3D sphere interface. Each playlist can be accessed from a section of the sphere which can be rotated up, down, left and right with a slight touch of the screen. This unique interface provides a quick, easy and highly visual method of selecting MusicSphere generated playlists.

Navigation at Its Best

The AVIC-X920BT offers a comprehensive map database from Tele Atlas® covering the entire United States, Canada, Alaska and Hawaii, enabling users to route to millions of destinations including more than 12 million points of interest (POIs). Additionally, the unit features enhanced voice recognition including the capability to input destination addresses by voice as available on the AVIC-Z110BT.

For eco-friendly consumers, the system also features the second generation ECO Driving function with new features that provide driving status reports and the driver’s impact on the environment with visual images on-screen. Through Pioneer’s proprietary AVIC FEEDS®6 PC software7, the unit can estimate the fuel cost of trip routes as well as the vehicle’s CO2 emissions through detailed Drive Reports. Through a proprietary fuel consumption algorithm, AVIC FEEDS can also log and archive driving data and analyze driving habits to generate various reports with suggestions to improve fuel efficiency.

New to this generation of eco-conscious features, the ECO Graph feature provides a view in addition to 2D and 3D, which divides the map view screen with a new graph to provide drivers with a visual representation of their environmental impact. Additionally, when a route is set, the unit will calculate a Drive Score based on driving efficiency which factors abrupt stops and accelerations and idle time.

Add-on Navigation

Pioneer is excited to introduce an all-new add-on navigation product, the AVIC-U220, an ultra flexible navigation solution compatible with all Pioneer 2010 in-car A/V receiver models. The unit offers full turn-by-turn route guidance and 500,000 POIs with the ability to create custom POIs utilizing the AVIC FEEDS PC software. The compact design allows for versatile installation in small areas such as a glove box or center console, and can easily be detached from its in-vehicle base for planning ahead using AVIC FEEDS.

Also new to AVIC FEEDS are two new applications that can unlock functionality in the AVIC-U220, the Clock and Photo View Applications. Once the applications are downloaded from AVIC FEEDS and transferred to the unit via a SD card, users can use these applications as alternative screensavers to the map view. Users can access five different clock views and can play a slideshow of personal photos complete with transition effects. Users can also add up to 12 million POIs via SD card with optional add-on packages available from Pioneer.

Consumers who have not yet invested in a navigation system can purchase an A/V receiver and the add-on navigation system for under $900. Pioneer’s AVH-P3200BT ($450) is the best value in A/V receivers and offers full-featured CD/DVD playback, the convenience of built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and USB connection for iPod/iPhone control.

The Pioneer AVIC-X920BT and AVIC-U220 will be available in April 2010 for $1200 and $400 respectively.

Link to Pioneer's CES Page

x920.png

musicsphere.png

ecoroute.png

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come one 2012 :lol: I have never used MSN Direct although the RDS system that the old TomTom used was almost always incorrect. The nice thing with crowd sourced traffic data is the navigation unit can get construction/traffic data for a plotted trip and make adjustments accordingly. Currently I am enjoying the X710 I got for Christmas so I don't get the MSN feature none the less its a very cool system.

ARGH I just got an AVIC-Z110BT for Christmas and now this is announced. I have an iPhone 3GS and really love Pandora. What are the pros/cons when compared to the Z110BT? Should I return?

You can use Pandora right now with the Z. You wont have the interface of the 920 but it works perfectly from the BT screen or by using the iPod source. There are no real advantages I see over the Z from this unit.

once again pioneer drops the ball. i was expecting a Z120BT with some updated navigation software that included a traffic replacement for msn. come on son!!!

There is no need to replace the traffic option while it is still a viable option.

ARGH I just got an AVIC-Z110BT for Christmas and now this is announced. I have an iPhone 3GS and really love Pandora. What are the pros/cons when compared to the Z110BT? Should I return?

You can use Pandora right now with the Z. You wont have the interface of the 920 but it works perfectly from the BT screen or by using the iPod source. There are no real advantages I see over the Z from this unit.

How do you use Pandora from the iPod source? (on the Z of course)