AVIC411.com

Pioneer unveils AVIC-X920BT @ CES!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, just paid a visit to the Pioneer USA website and looked at their new 2010 car audio catalog. It is a VERY good read if anyone is interested. It did bring up a few questions for me. Well, one main one. It appears that Pioneer is FINALLY grabbing a brain and putting a robust new RDS fm tuner into their new line of dvd players. It even comes with itunes tagging capability. I can't find if they have added this to this new X920BT however and was wondering if anyone knew the answer yet? If they didn't I find that extremely frustrating to say the least that they would not include something like this on their most expensive units. I sure like the new 3200BT for one. Price is real nice for what you are getting. Included Bluetooth, sweet RDS fm tuner, dvd playback with 3x 4 volt preouts and you can add on the add-on navi if you desire and come in at a sizeable amount less than the X920BT it seems. If only it had voice activation. Also, does anyone know much about that new add-on nav? It appears to have alot less POIs I have found but not much more info.

Forgot to mention these new dvd players appear to have auto-eq ability too. That is huge IMO. Too bad they didn't have auto-ta too. Or TA of any kind would have been nice too. Maybe they do and I just haven't seen it yet too. They sure sound like a step up over last year's models. Too bad it is a year late or I would probably have one in my car right now in place of this Kenwood thing that I have not been overly into since I have put it in. I have since went probably overboard getting new amps, top line eq and the such to make this thing sound how I think it should. In the end I will have far better sound but at a huge expense I never really wanted going into this a year ago. Ah, live and learn I guess. Did I mention these new Pioneer DVD units are a little appealing? :roll:

I can tell you that the AUTO EQ feature is superior then what Kenwood has to offer as it auto equalizes to the acoustical imperfections of your car. It also handles the time alignment when it does its AUTO EQ calibration. This is nothing new with higher end Pioneer receivers and has been a technology they have used for over ten years. In fact Pioneer was the first to do it if I am not mistaken. These units are certainly looking good and I may consider going this route as well.

My last HU was an 880PRS so I know exactly what you are talking about. It is advertised as auto-ta and auto-eq however so I am not so sure it is exactly the same thing. It is sure looking like some nice units this year tho. After researching Pioneer and Kenwood this year tho it sure looks like Pioneer is pulling away BIG time. I was not overly impressed with the new Kenwood to be honest. It looks very similar to the 9140 to be honest with some very minor tweaks and I really think that was a bad move honestly. Time will tell what unit looks best tho I guess and I have all sorts of time :D

Maybe so. :D Money is a major factor right now however tho as well as Pioneer being over a year behind in making a worthy unit. I wish this was happening last year at this time. It would have saved me more money than I can count. I would probably not have felt the need to go after this $1000 processor, being hosed for $1500 on that Kenwood, hell, I might have even not felt the need to go after my $2000 amp (that I paid 800 for). I just wish this stuff held its value better. I'd be lucky to get $600 for that Kenwood now probably although I hope for $800 :oops: This is not including all the money I have spent and will spend on installation too. Sigh, it was a rough year in that regard I guess.

A new little tidbit... Just got off the phone with my installer and he mentioned there is a new top of the line unit coming out around May/June called the Z120BT... I didn't get any info on it yet but I am taking my car in tomorrow finally for 'THE INSTALL'. I have been waiting for a while for this appointment. I sure hope I am fully satisfied this time. I mentioned I was excited about a few new Pioneer models and he said they are VERY excited and that Pioneer had some real strong stuff coming for 2010. Last year they only carried the Z110BT and that was it. They really pushed their Kenwood lines as being golden. He said they are going to go hard core with Pioneer this year and mentioned that the likely most pushed setup they are going to go is the one I was thinking about - the AVH-P3200BT with the new hideaway nav module. I was actually quite surprised by his reaction. I was expecting him to start pushing the new 9960 from Kenwood but he didn't even mention it. I guess maybe he wasn't impressed with that unit as much as what Pioneer is doing this year. I am so glad he is going full bore with Pioneer this year as I will be able to see and play with alot of their units and hopefully this time get the right unit that I can be happy with for a number of years. I sure have never been fully happy with this expensive Kenwood that's for sure. It will be interesting to see what a $1500 HU, $2000 amp, $500 speakers and a $1000 processor sounds like. Geesh, I have spent WAY too much money. I guess it had better sound golden as I am promised it will. :roll:

A new little tidbit... Just got off the phone with my installer and he mentioned there is a new top of the line unit coming out around May/June called the Z120BT...

That is right inline with what I expected with an upgrade to the Z110BT. This will likely be a simple software upgrade that we can apply to out units as they did with the previous Z series. Any other installers on this board here this as well?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...