AVIC411.com

Please help a total newb!

Ok, I have read and read, and tried to download the 3.0 hack from itchycom which is not there as you know, so I'm sorry to ask these questions, but I'm stuck and don't want brick my 900bT and I keep reading all kind's of different solutions and I'm not sure which one to do. please keep in mind, my tech skills are average, so newbie talk please.

All I want to do is install 3.0 to a 900BT currently with version 2.10000, and map 01.00060

What is currently the easiest way to go about this?, like I said I can't find the hack version, if anyone knows of one could you give me the file name to google?.

Thanks in advance for all help!

The easiest way would be to buy the upgrade.

I agree!! You will void the warranty if you have the 3.0 update on your unit without it being registered with a device ID that you get from a legit upgrade. The hack that is listed in this forum is there to help those that had problems with their legit upgrade which has happened if your unit is modded. The hacked version reformats and erases your entire drive wheras the legit version just installs the new firmware which can run into conflicts if you have a ton of mods on it. If you purchase the legit upgrade and then install the hacked version, that is ok as you have already purchased the software and your Avic is registered with the 3.0 update, so all is good with future firmware upgrades and servicing. Besides, you can get the 3.0 update for $69 US. Hell, I spend more a month on coffee, $69 is not much to spend for this update and it is definately worth it! Also, keep in mind that Pioneer is NOT charging you for the firmware update, but for the map upgrade that you get with it and ALL GPS units charge for map upgrades!

The easiest way would be to buy the upgrade.

I agree!! You will void the warranty if you have the 3.0 update on your unit without it being registered with a device ID that you get from a legit upgrade. The hack that is listed in this forum is there to help those that had problems with their legit upgrade which has happened if your unit is modded. The hacked version reformats and erases your entire drive wheras the legit version just installs the new firmware which can run into conflicts if you have a ton of mods on it. If you purchase the legit upgrade and then install the hacked version, that is ok as you have already purchased the software and your Avic is registered with the 3.0 update, so all is good with future firmware upgrades and servicing. Besides, you can get the 3.0 update for $69 US. Hell, I spend more a month on coffee, $69 is not much to spend for this update and it is definately worth it! Also, keep in mind that Pioneer is NOT charging you for the firmware update, but for the map upgrade that you get with it and ALL GPS units charge for map upgrades!

I searched the net over and over and the best price i've seen is $110, that's just too much for me. $69 sounds good, where are you finding this? Thanks!

• 2 months later...
I just went to the canadian website in the link above to get the official updates, and the cost is $150 canadian, $147 US when converted. That's more then you can get it at the US Pioneer website which is $120 US

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Accessories/NavigationUpgrades/CNSD-100FM

You misread the website. the $150 is for the Mexico maps. The actual updates are listed for $75CDN. I wonder why Pioneer is ripping us off in the US?